• 200 or higher

Votes: 185 19.8%
  • as much as you can

Votes: 50 5.3%
221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Banned
215 Posts
I fire 100 rds a visit (p226 40 tacops). Now that's at least 4 days a week. I'm 100 percent with nothing better to do but try to destroy my sig.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
I average 300 rounds per visit twice a week. Today I had to sight in two of my guns and shot a little more do to the sighting in.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Years ago I shot at an outdoor range and since there was no time limit I would take three guns with two boxes of ammo per gun. Unfortunately, that range closed and there are houses there now. Where are people's priorities? Did we really need more houses?
Now that I shoot at an indoor range with time limits I usually take two guns and one box per gun. I have my name on the waiting list for an annual membership with unlimited access. Once I get my membership I will be going more often and staying longer each time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was averaging about 400 rounds per range visit. Started to put a big dent in the pocketbook. I have some nice 22s that have been getting a workout until my funds get up a little....

·
Registered
558 Posts
We have a new law here in California regarding ammo purchases. Prior to the law going into effect on July 1st I was buying 8 or 10 boxes every time I went to the gun shop.
When I get that membership at the range I'm afraid I'll be going through my stockpile rather quickly.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Outdoors about 400 rounds. Indoors about 50.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Welp, this is my range visit from yesterday morning. Two Kahr pistols, and my Turi G2C.

I'd have to count the holes, but I think I shot around 70 rounds of 9mm, and 30 or so of .45 ACP.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey, Cal shooter, Range rounds don't count. 100 rounds 9mm. Shoot in indoor range where they have plenty of stalls and distances of 25 50 and 100 yards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had not really thought about it. Back a few years ago some friends and I had a nice out door range in SC I did a lot of shooting then. 2 or 3 time a week shooting 100 RDS at a time I was shooting a Star PD .45 that was my carry gun at time. About a 100 RDS was all I could stand. I was also a member of an indoor range as well .Visited it about 2" or 3 times a week. My best friend owned a gun store back then. Didn't consider the cost of ammo. I got pretty good at shooting that PD too. Lately I don't shoot much. I have just ordered a Bersa trp9c it has not come in yet. When I get it I'm planning to do a lot of dryfire with a laser cartridge. Proably more dryfire than actual fire. Did a lot of dryfire in the military seemed to work.

Sent from my M1031G1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just started the past x2 years to keep track and document ammo type and round count.
I have been bitten by the rimfire bug these past x2 years. Weekly I take my 22's and 9mm's.
150 to 250 22LR rounds and 25 to 75 9mm. rounds. Twice a month I shoot 223/5.6 25 to 100 rounds.
*The best thing I ever did is join a good LGS with a great range. IMHO the best people in the world are in the shooting community. Ex law enforcement and vets are some of the best trainers around. Some of the forums do not give you the time of day if you are not apart of their group so it is important to me get with good quality local shooters. The other thing that it is good is to practice or train with the firearms you use.
Be safe and enjoy!
Rick

·
Registered
430 Posts
It can vary, but typically quit a lot and need to slow down and shoot more 22.cal. But I shoot twice each week. I have memberships at three different ranges, two within a mile in each direction, so easy to stop throughout the week and get in a quick shooting session. Once a month I spend all day a a local Club (outdoor range). I believe in Frequent Moderate workouts or training sessions. I also shoot a lot of Air Pistols.
I joined Target Sports Club for buying ammo and it has been worth every nickle.

221 - 235 of 235 Posts