Handgun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Missouri and have my Missouri permit but I also have a non resident permit for New Hampshire. I needed to be able to carry in North Dakota and they do not recognize Missouri but they do recognize New Hampshire. They have a one page aplication and it's 20 bucks and two weeks to get it as long as you already have an existing permit.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I haven't tried that - I have thought about getting out of state permits - but some states still want classes, and I'm not sure where to take such a class in my state that wouled meet the requirements of the other state.

So, the New Hampshire permit has no other requirement? Got a website for the application?

So far, I really haven't traveled out of state except to Louisiana in recent history (or China, but that's totally different), so I've only needed the TX permit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2400 said:
I've got 3, AZ, UT and FL.
Did you have to go to Utah to take the class? Texas is the one I need to get but I have to go there to apply and take the class. Just don't have time for that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shipwreck said:
I haven't tried that - I have thought about getting out of state permits - but some states still want classes, and I'm not sure where to take such a class in my state that wouled meet the requirements of the other state.

So, the New Hampshire permit has no other requirement? Got a website for the application?

So far, I really haven't traveled out of state except to Louisiana in recent history (or China, but that's totally different), so I've only needed the TX permit.
All you have to do for New Hampshire is fill out there aplication take a photo copy of your Texas permit, Must have photo on it. Send it in with 20 bucks.

Went to Packing.org and got the aplication off New Hampshires web site.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
awall said:
Shipwreck said:

All you have to do for New Hampshire is fill out there aplication take a photo copy of your Texas permit, Must have photo on it. Send it in with 20 bucks.

Went to Packing.org and got the aplication off New Hampshires web site.
Kewl. I'll check into that :)

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Well, I just checked Packing.org - Actually, I don't gain anything by having a New Hampshire permit - The Texas permit actually gets me more states. If there was a couple states I would gain, then I would have gotten it... Only state I would gain would be New Hampshire itself - And, considering I am in TX, I doubt I'll ever go there. If I did, I'd be flying, and then it wouldn't matter anyway - I'd be w/o my gun.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shipwreck said:
Well, I just checked Packing.org - Actually, I don't gain anything by having a New Hampshire permit - The Texas permit actually gets me more states. If there was a couple states I would gain, then I would have gotten it... Only state I would gain would be New Hampshire itself - And, considering I am in TX, I doubt I'll ever go there. If I did, I'd be flying, and then it wouldn't matter anyway - I'd be w/o my gun.
You can take your gun when you fly. It's easy as long as you take the proper steps in doing so.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
awall said:
Shipwreck said:
You can take your gun when you fly. It's easy as long as you take the proper steps in doing so.
Yea, I know. I just would never bother with it - I would worry about it too much (being stolen)

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Shipwreck said:
Yea, I know. I just would never both with it - I would worry about it too much (being stolen)
I fly with mine all the time. If they loose it they will buy me another just like it. :-D Along with lots of splaining to do to the Feds.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Not to throw a monkey wrench in here, but I don't have a single one anymore. Not since it dawned on me that I was willingly giving up a Right and turning it into a privillage...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A "permit" sounds like infringement to me! :cry:

·
Registered
203 Posts
jwkimber45 said:
I need to get my photo and finger prints and I'm ready to send off for my out of state FL permit
I just received my permit yesterday in the mail. I went with electronic fingerprints and I received the permit in less than 2 weeks. I was no expecting it to be anywhere close to that fast, but I'm not complaining. :-D

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Method said:
jwkimber45 said:
I need to get my photo and finger prints and I'm ready to send off for my out of state FL permit
I just received my permit yesterday in the mail. I went with electronic fingerprints and I received the permit in less than 2 weeks. I was no expecting it to be anywhere close to that fast, but I'm not complaining. :-D
Good deal!!!! I don't think out-of-staters can do the electronic fingerprints.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Hal8000 said:
Not to throw a monkey wrench in here, but I don't have a single one anymore. Not since it dawned on me that I was willingly giving up a Right and turning it into a privillage...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

A "permit" sounds like infringement to me! :cry:
That might be so - but let us know what the Judge tells you when you say that <smile>

1 - 20 of 30 Posts