Handgun Forum banner

How many mags do you keep (on avg) for each gun?

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I have a Kel-Tec sub 2000, Glock 17 and 26 that use the same mags. I have two 33rd, one 30rd and six 17 rd which work in all three guns. Four 10 rds for the G26 but when I carry it which is all the time, I keep a ten rd in it and carry two 17 rds with me. I have a 33rd in my SUV. I try to have four mags for all my gun for going to the range.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Well, there's "American Rifleman," "Shooting Times." "Guns and Ammo", and my favorite, " Guns of the Old West". I count four.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
6,088 Posts
i have 70 1911 mag's 5 hk mag's and at 3 mag's for several others. now rifles that is another ball game

·
Super Moderator
12,387 Posts
Well, I was about to buy a 6th Glock 34 mag, but I ran across that Galco Matrix holster on Friday afternoon, costing the same price. So, now I gotta wait. My goal is to have 6 for each gun. I have 6 fullsize USP mags already. 5 Glock mags, 4 HK USP compact mags, and 5 mags for my SW99.

I only have 2 for my compact P99, but I can use the 5 fullsize SW99 mags in it, so I don't worry about it. Prev had a Glock 26 for 8 years, and I only had the 2 compact mags that whole time. SInce it also used fullsize mags, it never bothered me :)

·
Super Moderator
12,387 Posts
Hk Fanatic said:
I became so paranoid after the clinton ban, I now have 12 magazines per handgun I own.
Yea, I know what ya mean.

I sold a Glock 17 mag for $100 once during that ban, though.

But yea, that is a concern.

·
Supporting Member
891 Posts
I try to keep 4-6 per gun but I only have 3 right now for the M&P. I ordered the Desantis M&P holster from S&W the other day. At $39.96 a pop for the mags I only got one for now, the holster was $64.95. The wife is allready pissed so I better slow down until next month.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hk Fanatic said:
I became so paranoid after the clinton ban, I now have 12 magazines per handgun I own.
Echo! Echo!(I'm almost as paranoid):smt066

I have 12 10mm mags - 6 each(8rds), for the Delta and the Eclipse.
And 14 .45 mags of various capacities for the XSE and the Commander.(10 and 8 rounders for competition - 7 rounders for carry)
The G17 get only 5, 2- 17 rounders, and 2- 31 rounders, and 1- 10 rounder.
All get rotated with full capacity for a month at a time for nightstand duty, then back to the safe for their turn at the range or competition.
:shock:

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Well, there's "American Rifleman," "Shooting Times." "Guns and Ammo", and my favorite, " Guns of the Old West". I count four.

Bob Wright
Hey Bob, You missed "Shoot" magazine, and "The cowboy Chhronicles" (ok thats a newspaper format but......

Now assuming the OP means magazines, ...
I have 5 for the PA-63 (probably go up to 8 after i get the second gun)
4 for the officers (2 colt 6rd, 2 star 7 round)
1 speedloader for the PT94
and for the Vaquero/singlesix/ 1851 navys, well... you figure those out lol

1 - 20 of 203 Posts