Handgun Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell by looking at the image below if this is the Optics Ready version of the VP9?

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great, thanks for the clarification.
One more question, have you seen this frame color before. Seems like most of the FDE frames on the VP9’s are a lighter brown (shown below). But I kinda like this darker version. Wonder if it’s just the way it was photographed that make it look darker than the typical.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Great, thanks for the clarification.
One more question, have you seen this frame color before. Seems like most of the FDE frames on the VP9’s are a lighter brown (shown below). But I kinda like this darker version. Wonder if it’s just the way it was photographed that make it look darker than the typical.

View attachment 20471
You're welcome!!
I sure have, I've got a VP40 in that color. Indeed It's probably the lighting when it was photographed unless they changed the color formula which I doubt. All of the others that I've ever seen have matched mine. As you can see my slide also looks darker than the one in the photo that you've submitted.

Trigger Wood Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another stupid question…if I buy a VP9 that comes with 10-rd magazines, will the same gun accept 17-rd magazines if I purchase these later?

·
Super Moderator
12,601 Posts
Another stupid question…if I buy a VP9 that comes with 10-rd magazines, will the same gun accept 17-rd magazines if I purchase these later?
Yep - the mags are the exact same size. The 10 round mags are for states that do not allow mags over 10 rounds. They just modify the inside to only hold 10 rounds.

·
Registered
4,891 Posts
Not only that but you can use the 20 round magazines like the one's on my VP9's in Post# 2. I don't know which state that you live in? You'll have to check with your state or local laws in case they have any magazine restrictions. If they do you will not be able to purchase them legally. In fact the vendors won't even ship them to you.

Which begs the question as to why you wouldn't just purchase the gun with the 17 round magazines in the first place? At least here in Arizona we have no magazine restrictions in place. Those guns along with many others come standard with the higher capacity magazines. They also make magazine extensions for the standard size magazines where you can increase the magazines capacity. But those same rules apply to state's that have magazine restrictions. Yeah I know it really sucks but that's the way it is. Get caught with one of those magazines in some of those restrictive states and you could be looking at spending some time in prison along with losing your rights to own a firearm in the future. Of course the penalties would depend on which state that you live in. Pretty f'd up huh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts