Handgun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! just found the site. anyway I'm looking into getting my first non 1911 handgun. I think I've narrowed the choices down to either a Beretta 96 Elite 2 and a Glock 20. I don't think I could get used to a manual saftey thats not similar to my beloved 1911's. If I understand correctly the e2 is a double action only with no saftey correct? And of course glocks have that trigger saftey so no worries there. anyway hope to get into some good discussions here. Keep :shock: !

·
Registered
7 Posts
eidffy33 said:
Hi all! just found the site. anyway I'm looking into getting my first non 1911 handgun. I think I've narrowed the choices down to either a Beretta 96 Elite 2 and a Glock 20. I don't think I could get used to a manual saftey thats not similar to my beloved 1911's. If I understand correctly the e2 is a double action only with no saftey correct? And of course glocks have that trigger saftey so no worries there. anyway hope to get into some good discussions here. Keep :shock: !
Elite II is a traditional DA pistol with a decocker (G model in Beretta terms).

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
If U are leaning towards the Glock, check out the XD - Although, unless U get the new 45 version, which has melonite on the slide, you may wanna get the slide refinished at some point - to protect against rust. I have two polymer guns, and I got the slides hard chromed. Looks very nice.

The Elite II is very nice - Almost got one myself, but I didn't like the all black sights. My eyes are not the greatest, and I like that white dot.

But yes, the "safety" is only a decocker. So, after you decock the gun, it switches itself back to the fire position.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks wreck. I'm looking at the Glock 20 because it a 10mm. If the XD was available in that chambering I'd definitely take a look at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts