Handgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from 7 yds, with my p90, ruger, .45acp., shooting 230 gr. rmington golden sabre jhp, at an 8x11 sheet of paper with the bullseye in the center, i am consistantly shooting low. i mean way low, like barely on the paper. now i know your thinking this guy is just a bad shot, but this is not happening when i use my redhawk .44. i have noticed a gap between the top of the bbl and the slide.

am i doing something wrong or is it possible it is my gun? i tried the free standing position as well as a rested position and the results are the same.
has anyone else had a problem with low hits? if it is me, any idea what i'm doing and why i don't do it with my revolver? ruger offered to test the gun after i told them there was some ware on the guide rod, bbl, and slide, but i hate to send it back if it is some falt i am commiting and look like a total dohlt. thanks for any advice.

danny

· Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
had another shooter try it, doing the same. got a tip on a different sight picture to try. will inform today.

btw in qualifying the 7 yd line is a timed draw and shoot, i seem to be doing that fine, it's only when i take close aim i am getting the problem.

was told to align entire(to the bottom) front sight instead of alignig across the top. that is what i'll try today.

danny

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.