Handgun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I am building a garage on my property in a few months. I work from home, so I'm putting my home office in the garage as well. I thought I might add a arms room to the back of the office. Somewhere I could have some weapons openly displayed without fear of break-in. Maybe a work bench and a couch to chill out. Does anyone have anything like this? I'm looking for ideas on how to construct it, ways to display/arrange on the inside, and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
A34

:smt1099

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
You mean like a safe room? Something that could be walled off and reinforced seperate from the rest of the garage.

Blocks and concrete......lots of both.

·
Supporting Member
5,672 Posts
Actually ,eliminate the blocks and just use poured concrete with thick steel rebar reinforcement internally inside the poured concrete.
Wait a minute! He hasn't put his order in yet ,lol.did you get a deposit. Or his actual plans or needs. Hold up on those model blueprints, cancel the concrete.lol

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
Sometime ago, I saw a video about a guy building a new detached double-car garage alongside his home. He wanted it deep enough so that it had a basement in it. Yup.....a garage with a basement.

Obviously, this guy had some $$'s to spend. The floor of the garage was gonna be 2-3 times the normal thickness. The stairwell to the basement was in the rear corner of the garage if I recall.

He admitted that he had a substantial firearms collection and he wanted to secure it the best he could. Anyways, he had video as the project progressed. It was a very impressive under-taking.

I'll see if I can locate the link and post it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts