Handgun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks.. New here..

I have experience with a 22 rifle when I was a teen and almost ranked sharp shooter in boot camp the first and only time I picked up a 45, so I have a little bit of experience.. I can shoot them safely and fairly accurately, but I really don't know squat about them..

I'm looking for a dependable hand gun for home self defense. I should just lurk around a little before I ask about 22's vs 9mm vs 380's. From the sound of it, just the presence of a gun is usually enough to defuse a situation.

Thanks

Reactions: pic

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to handgunforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Handguns Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

Reactions: Spazatak

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to handgunforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Handguns Spoken Here! Hooaaahhhh!!!!!
Hey Badge! My GF just got a 380, so she gave me my Benelli Nova back, so at least I have something..

Coast Guard cutter evergreen here. Long since decommissioned and sunk

Reactions: pic

·
Registered
52 Posts
Welcome to the group, Spaz!

Do you have any plans for the weapon other than home defense? Possibly concealed carry or competition? What is your budget?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the group, Spaz!

Do you have any plans for the weapon other than home defense? Possibly concealed carry or competition? What is your budget?
Hi Jester.. Not at the moment. Im super busy with my run down properties at the moment. Were in uncertain times and I just needed a little security because I live alone. Im working on a used hand gun and will definetly ask about what ever my dealer finds for me. But I wonder if its worth taking a risk with a used gun.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Greetings and welcome from Ohio.
*Take your time and get what works for you but when you find something that fits yours needs get it.
*Used vs. new...there are many used firearms out there so shop around.
*Good luck and again welcome to the forum...

Reactions: Spazatak

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are there any gun auction sites that have a "completed listings" search. So I can see what people are willing to pay for a particular gun? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Is there anyway to measure my hands, and decide what size gun would be comfortable? I almost scored sharpshooter in boot camp the first time I picked up a 45 , but the gun was to big and powerful for my hands. I'm leaning toward a 9mm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts