Handgun Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have to admit the Taurus post's are guaranteed to liven up the Forums. I bought a number of Taurus guns prior to 1990 and have not had problem one with any of them yet. Revolver's and Semi-Autos. Skip the whole interim between then and 2019 when I bought a TX22. Yes, almost thirty years when Taurus produced some really bad guns and worse Customer Service. Now I have three Taurus gun's of recent manufacture that have had no problems whatsoever. So I have to say my purchases from Taurus have always been positive. I can truly say I have never had a problem with Taurus guns for forty
years.

Reactions: Jeb Stuart

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Another winner from Taurus? It's seems the Hated Taurus company strikes again. The early reviews are all positive for the sub compact GX4. High capacity and low profile. Also about $150.00 to $200.00 cheaper than the P365, Hellcat, and Glock offerings. Time will tell, but if it's as good as the G2, G3, and TX22 models it will sell fast. I own the G3 and two TX22's and I'll give the guns a personal thumbs up. View attachment 19801 View attachment 19802
I don't have the GX4, but yes, I hear it is doing pretty good so far.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Let's all go out and buy one. The problem is that I have guns that are reliable, accurate, have great CS backing them up, and I already have thousands of rounds downrange with them.
Why in the world would a person gamble on a new model from a company that "is trying" to do better.
I am truly tired of the regular predictable praise for the latest Taurus offering with the compulsory knock on the Glock o Sig products.
I am done.

Reactions: Shipwreck

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have a Hellcat so I'm not in the market for another sub compact but people looking to save a couple hundred buck's are probably looking at this pretty hard. Who knows? I only fired a Friends G2C and two others that worked well, so no real judgement. I do have two TX22's that have fired thousands of rounds and are great. One G3 that has fired 250 rounds that has no faults and is a pretty handy gun all around. I'm a CZ guy for carry, but I'm not adverse to buying other guns. I wouldn't condemn or praise the GX4. I haven't even handled one. Hickock 45 seems to think it's a good gun and a lot of people put stock in his evaluations. I prefer my own hands on before I post what I think. From my own experience the Taurus TX22 out of the box is head and shoulders above the Glock 44 for what that's worth. Just an example. Taurus has produced some real trash. They also have made some real winners. If I judged a company by their failures I would never have bought a Ruger after the 9MM American experience I had.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Ever since SIG broke new ground with the P365, everyone had to follow suit. I have a M2.0 S&W Shield 9, with night sights, and when I held the new Plus, I could have cared less. Yes, it holds more rounds than my 2.0, but what am I really expecting to do here? The idea of getting into a gun fight at all is not very high up on my list, and if I were to be unfortunately involved in one, I seriously doubt I would use the eight round mag, and my backup eight round mag too...I would be in deep doo-doo at that point.

Taurus is doing good with their latest offerings, no doubt about it, but the GX4 and all the others that have followed suit, are just doing it because SIG did. Also, like someone said above, I really don't need another 9mm sub-compact...I prefer, actually, a larger gun for it's ability to be manipulated easier. JMHO.

I would think that Taurus has done another good job here, with this newest addition, but I can't see getting one, or any other teeny tiny 9.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
The balance between perfect concealment (very small pistol) and having a reliable and accurate pistol with adequate capacity do not have to be mutually exclusive.
I live where open carry is O.K.
I try to be polite and discrete.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Ever since SIG broke new ground with the P365, everyone had to follow suit. I have a M2.0 S&W Shield 9, with night sights, and when I held the new Plus, I could have cared less. Yes, it holds more rounds than my 2.0, but what am I really expecting to do here? The idea of getting into a gun fight at all is not very high up on my list, and if I were to be unfortunately involved in one, I seriously doubt I would use the eight round mag, and my backup eight round mag too...I would be in deep doo-doo at that point.

Taurus is doing good with their latest offerings, no doubt about it, but the GX4 and all the others that have followed suit, are just doing it because SIG did. Also, like someone said above, I really don't need another 9mm sub-compact...I prefer, actually, a larger gun for it's ability to be manipulated easier. JMHO.

I would think that Taurus has done another good job here, with this newest addition, but I can't see getting one, or any other teeny tiny 9.
I agree. I was gifted a Springfield Arms Hellcat and ley me say it's a very nice pistol. Good grip and trigger, very good sights, and 13 plus 1 is certainly adequate. I just don't find myself carrying it that often. I don't do pocket carry and IWB carry I find uncomfortable and slow. Open carry here and I'm covered for concealed by LEOSA so "printing" or being spotted carrying is not a concern. I just feel better with a CZ Compact or .45 OWB. I have carried the Hellcat IWB for a a back up gun, but that's rare. I'm sure people that need or prefer more concealment find these guns perfect, but when I start reading about how this one is 1/8th of an inch shorter and .5 oz. lighter I wonder why that's so important.

Reactions: berettatoter

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
My favorite EDC in 9mm will always be the Kahr CM9. At 15oz. I love the striker fired DAO, Kahr Trigger. And I do not want a double stack, I much prefer the simplistic of the Single stack. If others feel they need more ammo that is fine with me, however I do need more. And I shoot it with complete competency. And if the Gun Gods came down and said all I could carry was a snub nose revolver, than that would not bother me one bit.Actually this summer the Keltec P32 will get plenty of EDC.

Cool beans Jeb! Rocking the .32 Auto! :cool:

·
Banned
74 Posts
That's Cool.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all I have never owned a Taurus. But one thing I do not buy into is all the Taurus Bashing. As a Range Officer for many years at my club, I have never seen the nonsense as posted by the bashers. Now I find it disgusting to see bashing going on by the same people all the time. Look at the new GX4. Nothing about it does not show quality build. Nothing.
I really like the way Taurus did the features of this gun. Very streamline, without bulky take down or slide stop. I like the way the did the grip and take down. Personally would not want a Sig without a safety, but the new Taurus appears to have a better EDC flat trigger and I like the double strike feature. Interchangeable Back-strap and I like the indexing pad. Come with either two 10 rd or 11 round mags both fit the gun the same without any difference in length. Bravo to them for this. I would love to shoot one. Seems like Taurus has done some homework. Bravo to them.
Looking forward to shooting and comparing. If the G4 is not as snappy as the Sig, it will be a winner! I am NOT a believer in a high capacity small Micro 9mm. But right now, after testing the Sig 365 with a group of 5 people shooting it at my club for 1,000 rds, I would most definately go with the Taurus. Every review I have seen so far as given it stellar reviews. And totally reliable right out of the box. Just that alone is better than the Sig which had HOST of Problems. Not to mention the grip to receiver distance and space on the Sig is ridiculous narrow. Especially given the fact that a off hand grip is a tremendous aid in shooting the gun. It looks like Sig is Over Rated and the Tauras a hell of a good deal at this point. And the cost is fantastic for a gun built like this.

All Steel construction,

The GX4 does not have
First of all I have never owned a Taurus. But one thing I do not buy into is all the Taurus Bashing. As a Range Officer for many years at my club, I have never seen the nonsense as posted by the bashers. Now I find it disgusting to see bashing going on by the same people all the time. Look at the new GX4. Nothing about it does not show quality build. Nothing.
I really like the way Taurus did the features of this gun. Very streamline, without bulky take down or slide stop. I like the way the did the grip and take down. Personally would not want a Sig without a safety, but the new Taurus appears to have a better EDC flat trigger and I like the double strike feature. Interchangeable Back-strap and I like the indexing pad. Come with either two 10 rd or 11 round mags both fit the gun the same without any difference in length. Bravo to them for this. I would love to shoot one. Seems like Taurus has done some homework. Bravo to them.
Looking forward to shooting and comparing. If the G4 is not as snappy as the Sig, it will be a winner! I am NOT a believer in a high capacity small Micro 9mm. But right now, after testing the Sig 365 with a group of 5 people shooting it at my club for 1,000 rds, I would most definately go with the Taurus. Every review I have seen so far as given it stellar reviews. And totally reliable right out of the box. Just that alone is better than the Sig which had HOST of Problems. Not to mention the grip to receiver distance and space on the Sig is ridiculous narrow. Especially given the fact that a off hand grip is a tremendous aid in shooting the gun. It looks like Sig is Over Rated and the Tauras a hell of a good deal at this point. And the cost is fantastic for a gun built like this.

All Steel construction,

The GX4 does not have second strike capability.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts