Handgun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another winner from Taurus? It's seems the Hated Taurus company strikes again. The early reviews are all positive for the sub compact GX4. High capacity and low profile. Also about $150.00 to $200.00 cheaper than the P365, Hellcat, and Glock offerings. Time will tell, but if it's as good as the G2, G3, and TX22 models it will sell fast. I own the G3 and two TX22's and I'll give the guns a personal thumbs up.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
I am getting tempted to buy a Taurus, but these days they want to charge enough to buy a pistol that I would not have to defend from haters or cheerlead the latest offering of.
I guess I will have to wait a while....

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I am getting tempted to buy a Taurus, but these days they want to charge enough to buy a pistol that I would not have to defend from haters or cheerlead the latest offering of.
I guess I will have to wait a while....
I don't hate Taurus' products or the company, they're inanimate objects and the company employs people. Taurus' products are what they are, I just wouldn't take the chance and buy one. Or recommend that others buy them. Same for Harbor Freight tools as I've often mentioned ad nauseam when the subject of Taurus' products comes up. I'm not looking to start arguments with people that love them either. If they're happy with them then that's great, that's all that counts. Just don't try and pass them off as being just as good as a Sig or Glock etc, they aren't. If they were they'd be putting them all out of business real fast. You do get what you pay for. If a company can manufacture and sell a product so cheap something has to give otherwise they'd be out of business real fast. It's "Economics 101."

If you're paying for cheap labor you can't expect the same quality as a company that pays more for skilled labor. The same goes for materials, equipment and machining costs. Those costs are passed on down to the consumers of those products. Not all steels are the same, not all polymers are the same, not all labor is the same, not all engineering is the same. Sorry folks but it is what it is.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
I don't hate Taurus' products or the company, they're inanimate objects and the company employs people. Taurus' products are what they are, I just wouldn't take the chance and buy one. Or recommend that others buy them. Same for Harbor Freight tools as I've often mentioned ad nauseam when the subject of Taurus' products comes up. I'm not looking to start arguments with people that love them either. If they're happy with them then that's great, that's all that counts. Just don't try and pass them off as being just as good as a Sig or Glock etc, they aren't. If they were they'd be putting them all out of business real fast. You do get what you pay for. If a company can manufacture and sell a product so cheap something has to give otherwise they'd be out of business real fast. It's "Economics 101."

If you're paying for cheap labor you can't expect the same quality as a company that pays more for skilled labor. The same goes for materials, equipment and machining costs. Those costs are passed on down to the consumers of those products. Not all steels are the same, not all polymers are the same, not all labor is the same, not all engineering is the same. Sorry folks but it is what it is.
I am trying to abstain from my contrary point of view about Taurus products on the forum.
On the other hand, when I am at the range, I am less restrained. When one of the guys has a Taurus problem, my response is "A man who pays for quality only has to cry once."

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I am trying to abstain from my contrary point of view about Taurus products on the forum.
On the other hand, when I am at the range, I am less restrained. When one of the guys has a Taurus problem, my response is "A man who pays for quality only has to cry once."
Yeah I do too. But I end up getting sucked into it. But I look at guns and tools the same way. Except with a gun you're buying a devise that may be called on to save your life. In which case do you really want to scrimp? I'd rather spend twice as much or more for a well made gun from a reputable manufacturer in the first place. Going out and buying a cheaply made gun and then putting hundreds or even thousand's of dollars worth of ammo through it doesn't make any sense to me? For anyone buying their first gun they're gonna' end up doing that. If not they'll never become proficient with it. If they aren't willing to become proficient with it, then maybe buying a gun is not such a great idea? By the time they blow off that many rounds a cheaply made gun will probably be at the end of its useful life. At the very least something's bound to break. The last thing you'd want is for it to break at the wrong time. Cheaply made guns are not really made for that type of use.

You won't find too many professional mechanics with their tool boxes packed with Harbor Freight tools and for good reason. Just as you won't find too many people who's lives may depend on their firearm on a daily basis with a cheaply made handgun on their belt. Of course there are plenty of people that love Taurus' products, they keep them in business. If that's what makes them happy then more power to them. But for God's sake don't try and convince people who don't know any better that their cheaply made handgun is just as good as a quality made handgun. They're doing a grave disservice to people that don't know any better. People who genuinely want to know from people who have experience as to what type and brand of gun to buy and their reasons for buying or not buying them.

Myself I tend not to put too much stock in gun reviews. Especially those that are in gun magazines and on some YOU Tube video's. Gun magazines do not want to turn off their advertisers and you never know if those YOU Tube video's are done by people who have a self interest in making them. So my advise to those that are looking to buy their first gun is to buy a gun made by a brand that professionals use. As with any mechanical devise you could have problems with those too. But your chances of that are a hell of a lot less.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts