Handgun Forum banner

Got a new XD and didn't mean to.

3K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  nike98t 
#1 ·
For the first time in about 6 months the wife and I were able to spend the day together without the boy. She had decided last week she wanted to go to the gun range to practice up on her shooting. I of course said WOO HOO!, so off we went yesterday. She was shooting her Taurus pt111 and I asked her if she wanted to shoot my M&P. She was having trouble hitting consistently with the pt111, I think due to the long trigger pull, I have a pt111 and have the same trouble. She decided she liked the size of the Taurus but really liked the trigger better on the M&P, so I took her Taurus to the front of the store and traded it in on a new Springfield XD 3inch. This should have fixed everything for her right? Wrong, the mag with the grip extension pinched her ring finger and she thought it kicked harder, and she hated the short mag because she could not put her pinky on it. She said she liked the Taurus better, so I gave the XD a try, I had held them before and really liked the 4 inch but I didn't think I liked the 3 inch, that was until I shot it. I instantly fell in love with it. I hit almost as well with it as I do with my M&P. I had been in the market for a 3-inch auto for a few months now but could not decide what I wanted. My wife decided she liked to shoot my Sigma, M&P and the Taurus,
better, and wants a pocket pistol when she gets her CHL. So I instantly inherited the XD. After 200 rounds of Blazer and 50 Hornady TAP, I was happy enough with it's reliability I determined it ready for carry which was great, it comes with a holster and extra mag holder, so it is already in my conceal carry rotation. I ordered some Pierce mag extensions last night and will make a new holster for it, maybe this weekend.
All in all my date day with my wife ended even better than I planed on. I did however have to go clothes shopping for 3 hours yesterday afternoon and to a french restaurant but I just went to my happy place in my head and I was fine.

See less See more
#11 ·
Maximo said:
My digital camera is with the wife at the Texas Rangers game right now I will post some pics tonight.
Kewl, another Rangers fan!

We lived in Dallas for 8 months (02-03), and we had an apartment about 5 minutes North of the stadium. We hated the traffic, and I hated working for the probation dept there, so we moved back to College Station. But, I enjoyed the stadium. :)

#14 ·
Nice place. Unfortunately, they close early. 6:00 I believe and they are not open on Sundays.

For late shooting in Fort Worth, try On Target in Benbrook. They are open Sat/Sun till 9:00, I think. Winchester Gallery on Lancaster/820 is also open late. I think 8:00. The Shooters Club on NE28/I-35 is also open on weekends till 7:00 PM.

See you at the range!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.