Handgun Forum banner

Got a new Springfield XDe in today :)

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  berettatoter 
#1 ·
Ok - got the very first Springfield XDe that came into the shop here - they put it on the side for me.

I haven't shot it yet - but I did rent one last week, and I liked it. I hope to try it later in the week.

Being that it is a single stack DA/SA just slightly bigger than the Shield - I just had to...

See less See more
#8 ·
Well, I sold it. I shot it - but I found I prefer the doublestack P2000sk 9mm I have. The XDe is actually the same size as the P2000sk, just a tiny bit thinner.

Maybe it was the thinner frame - but I found I had to work too hard to hit the center of the target,. The gun was accurate - so, it's not the gun. I just find I don't have to put that much effort into shooting my HK.

Gun is actually same weight at the P2000sk as well. And, I have a 10 round mag in the P2000sk compared to the XDe 8 round magazine (flush mag). In the fornt pocket of my cargo pants - both guns printed about the same. Decided the XDe wasn't for me. I knew I'd never actually carry it in favor of my HK P2000sk.

#9 ·
Nothing against Springfield here, but I keep asking myself this: "Why make such a gun hammer fired?" I guess I just don't see the reason, other than they can do it and had not much else to do at the time.

I have owned a couple of the XD pistols in the past, and they were great guns, but I don't think I would have liked the ones I had, hammer fired. JMHO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.