21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Been windy here.. It's not the temp that gets me. It can be 10deg and i'm fine. It's the danged wind.. Why don't we get wind like this in the summer when it would be nice ? Got a nail in my tire today.. hope it don't go flat until i get to the tire store in the morning..

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Been windy here.. It's not the temp that gets me. It can be 10deg and i'm fine. It's the danged wind.. Why don't we get wind like this in the summer when it would be nice ? Got a nail in my tire today.. hope it don't go flat until i get to the tire store in the morning..
That is why you have a small air compressor in the garage or barn to pump up tires.

·
Registered
669 Posts
It is always the chill factor for me. I can take the cold, but the wind gets me in my old age every time.
*It is finally sunny today in central Ohio with very little wind at 24 degrees.
*Hope the skies stay clear for tonight. Have a telescope we are trying to set up for my granddaughter and for the last week the skies did not open for testing the darn thing.
*Be safe today all of you and good luck with the tire. Get a compressor or at least a portable one for the truck/car. They are good investments for sure.
Rick

Reactions: Lisa93

·
Administrator
13,743 Posts
Yes, I am not that old - just 50. But with my neck problems I have been suffering from for the past 6 years - I don't do cold weather anymore.

Even if it's a little chilly, I have to wear a neck gaiter. Sometimes when it's really cold, I keep it on my neck all day (even inside). If my neck gets cold, the muscles tighten up, and then my vertebrate will get stuck.

Growing up, I LOVED winter time. I loved wearing the coats. I loved the cold weather. Loved to see the women in their boots too :p

But not anymore. I don't care to go outside when it is below 50 degrees now. I wonder what I'll be like when I am an old man :p

Like today. It is rainy all day, very windy, and a high of 43F. I have said all week that I am staying inside today. I am not stepping foot outside at all. It's too cold, and gray sky days bother my migraines. So, I plan to stay home all day.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Climate in my area is typically “mild“ by comparison to other areas I ended up being stationed. Summers are my favorite because it is usually in the 70s-80s, with some drifts up into the 90s or even cracking 100.

Winters tend to be in the 40s during the days, but we get more wet than snow. Though the last couple of years ended up being heavier snow than usual. If it weren’t for me living on a hill with a 150’ driveway to shovel in order to get to work, I probably wouldn't complain at all.

·
Registered
669 Posts
17 degrees here with little wind. Already had the dogs out at 6:20am. Sunny skies now but last night was overcast so no telescope data again.
*Have a great day!

·
Registered
790 Posts
49 for the high today, then 60's and maybe a 70 mixed in. They are forecasting rain for 7 of the next ten days, but we've seen that before. :rolleyes: We'll see how it pans out.
Lots of cooking to do the next couple of days. Lost-in-Laws going to get a nice care package on Wednesday.
Hope you all have a Great Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Sunny, no wind and 29 degrees here in central Ohio.
*Up with dogs just past sunrise. Fed birds at feeder and an hour later a hawk dive bombed the pine tree and flew off with his/her breakfast. The circle of life. Was not setup to take a photo/video. (Always my luck)
*Getting ready to take granddaughter for a rimfire day at the range. Packing now.
All you members have a great day and be safe. Make it a good Thanksgiving!
Tripod Plant Camera accessory Wood Cameras & optics

·
Registered
669 Posts
Greetings and good morning HGF! Have a good Thanksgiving Day...
Just got back in from letting the dogs out and a brief walk. Frost on the ground and 28 degrees so the dachshunds are not in for long walks.
*Had a good day yesterday shooting my rebuilt Ruger Mark III 22/45. Ran great with MiniMag 40g RN and had good groups with Blazer 38 LRN.
*Our club and range are closed today so my granddaughter and I will prep for Friday range day. She is starting to shoot single action Ruger's and Wranglers. Just fun and safety lessons.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts