Handgun Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stainless Ruger GP100 6" and I love the gun. Built like a tank and is a blast to shoot.

I am however getting tired of the iron sights and since ive never owned a red dot I figured I would give it a try. If I dont like it on the Ruger ill put it on something else.

I plan to order and install the Weigand "No Drill" rail found here
Ruger GP-100 Scope Mounts No Drill
Looks good IMO and is a great price for such a convenient kit.

Now the tricky part. I dont want to spend a fortune but I know going cheap on something like this is practically like throwing money in the trash too. Im looking for a high quality open style red dot sight thats a good value. I have browsed several sites including midway but the reviews seem to be spotty and inconsistent at best.

Any suggestions?

If I can find the sight im looking for I will make sure to post lots of pictures of the conversion.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I recently put a Burris aperture type red dot on my Remington 870 slug gun, and it is a good one. But, it's about $200. The only cheaper type red dot that I know of, that I have heard nice words spoken about, is a 'tube type,' made by Tru-Glo. I think it is under $50 at Midway.

The Burris I bought is very small, less than an inch square, I'd say, and would be my recommendation, for a handgun, unless you want to shell out $400-500 for the top of the line. The tube type would be fine for a rifle or shotgun, but I wouldn't care for it on a handgun, personally.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts