Handgun Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
This thread is many, many years old. How times have changed a little....

I have owned 41 Berettas over about 30 years. 29 of them were 92 variants. I love the platform.

However - the 5th Gen Glocks have gotten me BACK into Glock. They are awesome.

I carried a 92FS for three years straight, about a decade ago. But, it was not comfortable at all.

Now, I carry a 5th Gen Glock 19 much of the time. I love my Berettas - but I carry either the G19 or a 4" S&W Shield M&P Plus.

I also have a 5th Gen Glock 34 I sent off to TTI for their John Wick 2 package. I got it back in Nov, and it is awesome. And, I sent them another Glock for a similar deal (a 5th Gen G19). I can't wait to get that back.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
This is my ugly little G19.

It has seen nearly eight years of riding in kydex and the oxide coating is worn and the Glock night sights are getting shiny on the corners.
About seven years back I was tired of the Glock trigger and fitted a Ghost Evo Elite trigger control connector. Since it is hand fitted and not a "Drop In" I was treated to tearing down the pistol and reassembling it many times to get the over travel perfect. As you can see there is a C/T laser grip hanging on it. Handy for practice but not very practical. That will be on ebay this week.
It aint a Beretta, but I doubt there are many Berettas that would actually serve as well as my G19 ($380) for the money either.

Reactions: Shipwreck

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not gonna scroll through 5 pages to see if I responded to this thread already....just sayin'

I have never thought of Glock as necessarily a "bad" gun. But -they have been unnecessarily high priced all along. I don't own one- but I do have 3 Beretta's. No question- they (Beretta) are fine guns. I am not anti-plastic either....I have several plastic frame guns. I'm not anti-striker either....have several of them too.
You can buy a new Glock (say 19) for $600 or you can buy a Canik Elite for $400. Actually if you shop a little you can probably find that Canik for closer to $300. Go shoot those guns side by side.....tell me which one is better :unsure:
And there are others.....
Man, think about it.....when there is Pepsi and R.C. available.....some folks think Coke. Somethings just don't make sense.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Not gonna scroll through 5 pages to see if I responded to this thread already....just sayin'

I have never thought of Glock as necessarily a "bad" gun. But -they have been unnecessarily high priced all along. I don't own one- but I do have 3 Beretta's. No question- they (Beretta) are fine guns. I am not anti-plastic either....I have several plastic frame guns. I'm not anti-striker either....have several of them too.
You can buy a new Glock (say 19) for $600 or you can buy a Canik Elite for $400. Actually if you shop a little you can probably find that Canik for closer to $300. Go shoot those guns side by side.....tell me which one is better :unsure:
And there are others.....
Man, think about it.....when there is Pepsi and R.C. available.....some folks think Coke. Somethings just don't make sense.
I just looked - Gen 5 Glock 19s go for $539. A Gen 3 Glock 19 is $503.

However, if you are a cop, military, ex military, probation/parole, security guard, firefighter or EMS, you can get a Glock 19 for $398. And, if you join GSSF, you also can qualify for one at this price as well.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I paid $380 for my gen three G19 almost a decade ago. It was used by someone who could not afford ammo or a cleaning kit for that matter. It shot accurately first shot and every one thereafter. I am not a fan boy of Glock but if I had to go all John Wick to save me and my loved ones I would reach for the 19.

Reactions: denner

·
Registered
451 Posts
Glock
1.doesn't fit hand.
2. doesn't feel comfortable to shoot.
3. ugliest gun ever built.

I'd just as soon be caught with a toothless crackwhore than be caught with a Glock.
lol :sneaky:
Since the tread is revived, I figured we could drag the original post to the current back page.

Both companies have been accused of making “Ugly” pistols.
Fit and comfort can be individual.

Instead of being caught with a crackwhore, I just opted to learn to appreciate both For what they can do instead of how they look.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Font Gun barrel
Wood Rectangle Font Tableware Gun barrel

·
Registered
8 Posts
Since the tread is revived, I figured we could drag the original post to the current back page.

Both companies have been accused of making “Ugly” pistols.
Fit and comfort can be individual.

Instead of being caught with a crackwhore, I just opted to learn to appreciate both For what they can do instead of how they look.

View attachment 20999 View attachment 21000
For some reason I don’t think the px4 is a ugly gun

81 - 89 of 89 Posts