Handgun Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own both though my love seems to be the Beretta's can't remember the last time I took the glock out it's become a safe queen. just another observation my son owns a small co. that dose a lot of work in some pretty nasty parts of the world and not 1 of his contrators will carry a glock they all carry Beretta Sig and torkarovs ( did I spell that right?). for some reason they question the reliability of the glock. though I can't say I've ever had a problem with them.

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
I own both though my love seems to be the Beretta's can't remember the last time I took the glock out it's become a safe queen. just another observation my son owns a small co. that dose a lot of work in some pretty nasty parts of the world and not 1 of his contrators will carry a glock they all carry Beretta Sig and torkarovs ( did I spell that right?). for some reason they question the reliability of the glock. though I can't say I've ever had a problem with them.
It may have something to do with the fact that most of them were probably trained on a Beretta, Sig or Tokarev, if they are contract operators.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Glock
1.doesn't fit hand.
2. doesn't feel comfortable to shoot.
3. ugliest gun ever built.

I'd just as soon be caught with a toothless crackwhore than be caught with a Glock.
:anim_lol:
I also considered Glocks ugly and did not consider buying one until recently. Then I bought one, then another one, and am now considering another one. Just look at all options, fire them if possible, then decide. One reason I bought Glocks is because my 80 yr. old hands can rack the slide with ease.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Beretta for me.

Just never got comfortable with a "squirt gun" [first impression of a Glock vs 1911a1 years ago].

Later tried the PX4, but again confidence waned and it was traded for a 96a1.

But all the commercials, and advice are nothing.
Even the valuable experience of others has to eventually take a back seat.

The pistol that regularly drills the bullseye, slow or rapid, at an appreciable distance,
The pistol that clears quickly - FTE, FTF, or jams,

The pistol you have confidence in...

that is the pistol for you.

And even if my PCR is a wonder-9, and I'm getting better with it,
for now, its my Beretta 84F that I do best with.

That it is one of the 'sexy' pistols makes it a little more special.
But then, you don't till cornfields with a Lamborghini.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Glock 19 gen 4 and a Beretta 92A1. I like the both a lot, but, out of the box, I shoot better with the Glock. Actually, I really need to spend more time shooting both.
I think a HighPoint is much uglier than a Glock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glocks really are not very aesthetic looking but are low maintenance, I have two. Yesterday I bought my 1st Beretta, a new 92FS. I spent some time with my brother's 92 a few years ago, fell in love with it, and wanted one ever since. I pestered him for years to sell it to me to no avail. So, as of yesterday, I have both Glock & Beretta pistols and love all three. I bought them for fun shooting, home defense, & CC. The home defense G21 holds 14 rounds of .45 ACP and the 92 of course holds 16, plenty of home defense here in my favorite calibers. My EDC G30S holds 11 rounds of .45 ACP with a backup G21 mag of 13. What works out well here is that the G21 mags fit the G30S. I think that I now have the best of both worlds in terms of calibers and pistols.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Glocks really are not very aesthetic looking but are low maintenance, I have two. Yesterday I bought my 1st Beretta, a new 92FS. I spent some time with my brother's 92 a few years ago, fell in love with it, and wanted one ever since. I pestered him for years to sell it to me to no avail. So, as of yesterday, I have both Glock & Beretta pistols and love all three. I bought them for fun shooting, home defense, & CC. The home defense G21 holds 14 rounds of .45 ACP and the 92 of course holds 16, plenty of home defense here in my favorite calibers. My EDC G30S holds 11 rounds of .45 ACP with a backup G21 mag of 13. What works out well here is that the G21 mags fit the G30S. I think that I now have the best of both worlds in terms of calibers and pistols.
Make sure to get a factory D hammer spring. It's is a factory part,a nd the gun will STILL be 100% reliable. but, it will take about 3lbs off the DA trigger pull on the Beretta.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The M9A1 Compact was one of my first guns. Then I started buying Glocks, then S&W's, then 1911's, then other makes.

I realised that I like the simplicity of a striker fired pistol for daily carry while I enjoy 1911's for it's beauty and fun range shooting.

Sadly, the M9A1 seems out of place in my collection as it's a bit big/thick for daily carry, I don't shoot with it as well as striker or SA guns, and looks wise, I seem to enjoy my 1911's and revolvers.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 · (Edited)
I have a confession. Yes, me after all these years. I was an advent Glock hater, but after owning one, G-22 gen 3 and just buying a second, G20SF, I finally get it, lol. I reckon now, I'd rather be caught with a Glock than a toothless crackwhore. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Well...

Both are almost complete polar opposites, while a Glock is a Glock is a Glock for the most part, Beretta has quite a few different models so you may want to elaborate a little more as to which Beretta you are interested in, or just Beretta as a whole? You've covered (at least partially) why you dislike Glock, but it's still in the running? So what do you like about Beretta? The grip can be too oddly shaped pending on hand size if you're talking about a 92FS, I think the PX4 is about as butt ugly as a as the south end of a northbound Glock, DA/SA guns are a little harder to learn (not impossible mind you, just a little harder) and you could be talking either polymer or metal frame?

SO...is this really a Glock or Beretta thread, or should I just rename it: Which Beretta?
A 92G that I own, however, as a carry piece it's tough to carry, but dead nuts reliable, and accurate, been there done that. I'd trust it over a Glock as far as reliability(limp wrist, etc), the PX4, in my opinion, is nowhere near uglier than any Glock, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Yes, DA/SA is a learning curve, but I assure you it will perform as well or better than any single-stage striker-fired pistol in practiced hands.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
I have a confession. Yes, me after all these years. I was an advent Glock hater, but after owning one, G-22 gen 3 and just buying a second, G20SF, I finally get it, lol. I reckon now, I'd rather be caught with a Glock than a toothless crackwhore. :unsure:
Turns out that my crack whore has a good dentist.
My glock resembles a lot of guns when you look from the wrong end.
The gun works well and I know how to make it work well. Pretty? Yup, twice pretty. Pretty ugly and pretty damn sure to stay ugly.

Reactions: denner

·
Registered
451 Posts
the first handgun I bought when I turned 21 was a Beretta 92FS. Love it still to this day. Used to make fun of Glocks. Had shot a few, never impressed me as special. Then a couple shooting buddies approachEd me when a local gun shop got a bunch of LE trade-in Glock 17s. They said if they got a third person to buy one the shop would let them go for $275 each. I figured I could go in with them, buy a beater pistol and use it to test reloads and try my hand at some spray and bake finish applications I was wanting to check out. If I didn’t like it, I’d just sell it when I was done with it.

Turned out that I ended up appreciating having a pistol that I really didn’t worry about. It became my load testing platform, my hiking and ATV sidearm. Then I ran it in some IDPA competitions and just generally rode that pistol hard. It made a trip to the Glock factory in Smyrna with me, and Glock replaced all of the internals on it at no cost to me. I used it to practice stippling. I did a grip chop, to take model 19 mags. Most of the finish that I applied to the slide is getting thin enough that I’m considering a second refinish.

Yeah, they just work. Still “nothing special” but that is kind of what ends up making it special in it’s own way. A hard thing to understand when one doesn’t or hasn’t owned one.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have a Glock G21 and think it's among the best .45 semi automatics out there in .45 ACP. I HAD a G17 and really didn't like it at all. Grip felt wrong and that trigger! AAARRRGGGH! I shot it against my CZ 75b and thought why do I want this gun? I sold it at a Gun Show at a profit. The Beretta 92 FS is a winner. I bought one for my Son and of course had to test it out with him. If you can shoot examples of both the Glock and the Beretta. If you can't at least handle both to see which feels better. I have two Taurus PT 9 MM's, Brazil knock offs of the Beretta built on the Beretta machinery in the 1980's. They are great guns and handle like the Beretta 92.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

Reactions: denner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts