Handgun Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I like the grey.
I can also use the FDE frame of my VP40. It's just a matter of swapping slide assemblies. When I bought it, it was all black as though the entire gun was spray painted black. I polished the barrel and pins, filled the roll marks with white paint and changed the trigger for a red anodized aluminum one. I also added a red anodized push button slide cover plate. I've wanted a long slide VP9 for a long time. I couldn't believe that this one was one of the few guns that was left in my dealers practically barren case. Apparently they had just gotten it in and mine was one of two. The other was sold the day before. What timing! I love the lightening cuts at the front of the slide. It really looks sharp with the polished barrel showing through.

They've gotten to the point where they will only sell one box of ammo along with the sale of a gun. They're running out of inventory faster than they can get it in. I was able to buy two boxes of .40 Speer Gold Dots at Sportsman's Warehouse. They're limiting two boxes per customer. Fortunately for Sportsman's Warehouse they sell a lot of other items other than guns and ammo. Some of the local dealers who's bread and butter are guns and ammo may have to close temporarily if they run out of inventory. I've never seen things this bad. I think that it's a combination of covid, all of the rioting and looting by BLM, ANTIFA and of course the demented senile occupant of the White House proposing additional gun control laws.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I can also use the FDE frame of my VP40. It's just a matter of swapping slide assemblies. When I bought it, it was all black as though the entire gun was spray painted black. I polished the barrel and pins, filled the roll marks with white paint and changed the trigger for a red anodized aluminum one. I also added a red anodized push button slide cover plate. I've wanted a long slide VP9 for a long time. I couldn't believe that this one was one of the few guns that was left in my dealers practically barren case. Apparently they had just gotten it in and mine was one of two. The other was sold the day before. What timing! I love the lightening cuts at the front of the slide. It really looks sharp with the polished barrel showing through.

They've gotten to the point where they will only sell one box of ammo along with the sale of a gun. They're running out of inventory faster than they can get it in. I was able to buy two boxes of .40 Speer Gold Dots at Sportsman's Warehouse. They're limiting two boxes per customer. Fortunately for Sportsman's Warehouse they sell a lot of other items other than guns and ammo. Some of the local dealers who's bread and butter are guns and ammo may have to close temporarily if they run out of inventory. I've never seen things this bad. I think that it's a combination of covid, all of the rioting and looting by BLM, ANTIFA and of course the demented senile occupant of the White House proposing additional gun control laws.

View attachment 19715

View attachment 19716
Well, you have one helluva collection! I agree with the ammo, but I am still (at times) able to lay my hands on some ammo on the shelves lately...paying too much for it though. What chaps me up is how much my shooting time has been limited, due to not wanting to watch my reserves dwindle. I am going in the morning though, but am shooting only one pistol, and will only shoot 54 rounds...so stupid all of this "nothing burger". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
So, I picked up a cerakote sponsor for this season and made a deal to do my comp pistol as a show piece. I wanted a high contrast, attention getting look. I decided on graphite black and parrot green. I am really happy with the result.
Good or bad, let me know what you think.

View attachment 19712
I didn't know putting neon color on a gun design would be this good. :oops:

·
Registered
100 Posts
So, I picked up a cerakote sponsor for this season and made a deal to do my comp pistol as a show piece. I wanted a high contrast, attention getting look. I decided on graphite black and parrot green. I am really happy with the result.
Good or bad, let me know what you think.

View attachment 19712
Who's your sponsor, man? I'd like to leave them a message for customization requests.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts