Handgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I've been waiting for over a year to get my hands on a 509 to review. Finally, I managed to bring one home and wring it out. To see how it performed, click on the link below. Be sure to share your thoughts after you watch the video!

HRF

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just bought a 509c yesterday and found this while looking for reviews. I kind of wish I had seen this first. I'm sure the trigger could smooth out after awhile but that would involve alot of rounds that are not easy to replace right now.
I shoot S&W M&P's well and the hinged trigger on the FN was something I hoped would feel familiar.

·
Super Moderator
12,400 Posts
Good review.

I had a 1st version M&P - and the trigger had a similar issue. You could never really tell when the trigger would break. I hated it. You seem to have adjusted to it, but I never could get used to that M&P version 1 trigger. And, that M&P version had many people just changing out the trigger completely.

I love the FN SCAR and PS90. I have owned a SCAR 16S and three PS90s over the years. Also, I have owned a Five Seven pistol I liked. All of these were awesome guns.

But after my experience with an FNP, I won't buy any 9mm FN pistols. I used to be the admin of the Fn Forum years ago - and many people had issues with the FNP. That whole experience kinda put a bad taste in my mouth for any of their pistols that don't revolve around the 5.7 cartridge.

Some of the models of FN 509 look pretty interesting at the gun store. But, it's not a gun I will ever consider buying after how FN handled the FNP, and some unbelievable comments I have seen from FN revolving around the FNX.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts