Handgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just what I needed another gun. I picked this one up on Friday 2/18. If only because I thought it looks pretty cool and would go well with the Burris RMR that I bought some time ago and never used. I already ordered an Apex trigger and spring kit for it. I don't think that I'll carry it with the RMR it's really only practical for for target shooting if that.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just installed the Apex trigger and sear. It took less than a half hour. I also ordered their disassembly jig which made the job much easier. The jig holds the frame in place and precisely aligns the punch against the retaining pin making it easier to drive out, the pin is in there pretty tight. You can install the trigger without the jig but you risk damaging the frame if the punch slips off the pin as you have to hit the punch fairly hard with an 8oz ball peen hammer. With this fixture there's no way that the punch can slip off the pin. It also holds the punch perfectly straight so you get the full force of the punch against the head of the pin. The pins are removed from right to left and installed left to right on this particular model.

I also used the bottom hole of the jig to reinstall the retaining pin after first getting it started by hand, then driving it in about 1/8th of an inch with a brass head hammer. From there I placed the frame back in the jig, placed the punch in the bottom hole and drove it in the rest of the way. Removing the frame, checking it from time to time until the retaining pin was flush with both sides of the frame.

I love both the look and feel of the Apex trigger. They make some really nice stuff.

Wood Font Electronics accessory Magenta Gas

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Artwork that I appreciate for sure.

Reactions: desertman

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Just what I needed another gun. I picked this one up on Friday 2/18. If only because I thought it looks pretty cool and would go well with the Burris RMR that I bought some time ago and never used. I already ordered an Apex trigger and spring kit for it. I don't think that I'll carry it with the RMR it's really only practical for for target shooting if that.
View attachment 20574

View attachment 20575

View attachment 20576

View attachment 20577
Geez, nice looking gun you picked up there! Bet it shoots fantastic.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed the Apex trigger and sear. It took less than a half hour. I also ordered their disassembly jig which made the job much easier. The jig holds the frame in place and precisely aligns the punch against the retaining pin making it easier to drive out, the pin is in there pretty tight. You can install the trigger without the jig but you risk damaging the frame if the punch slips off the pin as you have to hit the punch fairly hard with an 8oz ball peen hammer. With this fixture there's no way that the punch can slip off the pin. It also holds the punch perfectly straight so you get the full force of the punch against the head of the pin. The pins are removed from right to left and installed left to right on this particular model.

I also used the bottom hole of the jig to reinstall the retaining pin after first getting it started by hand, then driving it in about 1/8th of an inch with a brass head hammer. From there I placed the frame back in the jig, placed the punch in the bottom hole and drove it in the rest of the way. Removing the frame, checking it from time to time until the retaining pin was flush with both sides of the frame.

I love both the look and feel of the Apex trigger. They make some really nice stuff.
View attachment 20585

View attachment 20586

View attachment 20587
Would you be will ing to sell the factory LS shoe?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts