Handgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
handguns

Logan,
Although you selected two fine firearms as those that have made the "final cut" for purchase....you have selected two of the most difficult firearms to learn on....!!! Your problems will only start to begin with them. Both are complex to operate and your frustration level will rise more than it is now. Do yourself a big favor...do some more reseach and select a simpler gun to shoot for now. Sig and Beretta will still be around in the years ahead.... Good luck..

· Registered
38 Posts
first gun

Reliable,
I tend to disagree with your assertion that you disagree with my assertion regarding the simplicity of Sig's. First of all, for a new user the arrary and location of control levers tends to be confusing to the new user. I have worked with students who have dropped their magazine trying to decock the weapon. The atrocious double action trigger pull for the first round causes all kinds of accuracy problems for the beginning student. Yes, you as an experienced shooter, probably are able to overcome these vagaries on these weapons and don't have to deal with them. My comments were directed to the author and his questions about his 'final cut" and to the fact that these weapons are more complex than his level of expertise, not shooters of your stripe.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.