Handgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
527 Posts
Difficult or easy to shoot is purely subjective. That's why there are so many to choose from... Aint it great!

Your choices Logan are sound ones. I might disagree on some points, but I can't argue with your logic...

The 1911 is a challenge, but I love how it is designed. To me, disassembling and reassembling it is part of the fun of cleaning it. The 1911 was ahead of it's time, in it's time... The Sig or Beretta are no doubt faster to give a thorough cleaning to, but then they are newer designs...

The .40 is a good choice for defense. But so would be the 9mm... One thing you might want to consider is that the 9mm is a LOT cheaper to shoot. That translate into being able to shoot more... ie.. More bang for the buck... (never consider it to be a wussy cartridge, even the .22 is deadly)

On the Walther issues, I can say, I haven't had any issues! The P99 is my carry weapon, and I have other Walther's. Now you've heard the other side to that story...

The controls on any weapon will become second nature with use. What may seem awkward at first may ultimately be easier in the long run. I found that out just a couple of years ago with the Walther P99. It's controls are radically different than what I was used to and at first, I didn't care for it. Now, I prefer their placement to all of the others... For me, the P99 has become the epitome of user friendly... Like I said earlier, it's all subjective...

Welcome to the ever expanding hobby of shooting. It's a blast!

Rerum novarum cupidus!

· Registered
527 Posts
Shopping like you are is a lot of fun Logan. I even enjoy it when the pistol is not for me... When it's all said and done, your the one laying out the bucks, your the one that needs to be happy. It's going to be your gun!
Between now and when you actually purchase it, try and shoot as many different pistols that you can. It should convince you your choice is riight...

Kind of like what Ben Franklin said about marriage: "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut after." :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.