Handgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Re: handguns

1911driver said:
Logan,
Although you selected two fine firearms as those that have made the "final cut" for purchase....you have selected two of the most difficult firearms to learn on....!!! Your problems will only start to begin with them. Both are complex to operate .
I tend to disagree with 1911driver I think the Sigs are an easy pistol to shoot and the added safety of a DA/SA action. I cant speak for the Beretta but my Sigs have been a dream to improved shooting.

· Registered
58 Posts
logan85 More than anything else, you as the user need to be comfortable with the firearm and be confident and competent with its function. It starts first with the grip and accessing the controls in a safe and reliable maner. Only your hands, not the advice of others will be able to answer the burning question. Then comes the shooting experience gained by safe practice.

I just went through this all with my son who just recently purchased his first pistol. Good familiarity must be attained before a round is chambered to avoid mishandling such as the dropping of the mag that 1911driver mentioned in an above post. At the start I would recommend shooting only in single action mode until your experience and confidence builds.( When I say confidence, I refer to your ability to hit point of aim not your handling of the pistol. ALWAYS be safe, being too comfortable is what can lead to accidental or negligent discharges ). Once your experience builds then start moving toward DA. It takes time to develop the correct grip and muscle coordination. Once you get it down then practice, practice, practice. Good Luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.