Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was the first gun you purchased on your own?

Mine was a Glock 17 - Bought it when I was 22. Unfortunately, it was a horrible gun. Jammed all the time. But, I knew that was unusual enough that it didn't stop me from buying other Glocks years later. None of the others ever gave me a problem, though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My First

My first handgun was a Kimber Pro Carry II .45 I liked it but it jammed on me every now and then. Not consistently, just every now and then. Pissed me off because I couldn't trust it and you must be able to trust your handguns, so I traded it for a new 96 Brigadier Inox. I'm glad now that the Kimber sucked. I know that I got the one bad one, because Kimbers are high quality guns and I hope to buy another someday down the road, but I love my Beretta.

·
Registered
208 Posts
First pistol was a Colt 22 short Derringer Came in wood box. I was 14 bought with my paperboy money. No paper work Mother went along told owner was ok. Next was a Star mini 1911 22lr all I needed for several years. bought mid 60's in 69 bought a Llama 1911 38 super. I sold and was later used in bank robbery in Seattle. How do I know FBI at my front door.
My best and longest pistol has been my Colt Combat Commander I bought new in March 1972 in Denver. Still have and will pass to my children.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Browning HP in 1984. 20K rounds later its still going. Getting a little loose in some areas but its still reliable.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Smith & Wesson 617 was my very first one. Sold it later & regret it deeply :( Since those days I've desided that I won't buy a gun that I really don't want and I'll never sell one that is mine...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
My first gun (gift to me) was an Iver Johnson Sealed Target 8, first handgun I bought was a Belgian Browning Hi-Power.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
first gun was a single shot 22 rifle for my 10th birthday 1960. first i bought was a colt frontier scout with grandpaw okay 1963.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My first gun was my Uberti .45 LC 6 shot... I was going through my Outlaw Josie wells,High Plains Drifter stage in life. :oops:

G

·
Greetings...

Commerce...

The VERY first gun I ever "purchased" was a Smith and Wesson Police special .38 short barrel. I got it for a $35 "Boom Box" in 1980. 26 years ago...

I took it home on an airline flight When I checked in at the Airlines, they read me the riot act about all kinds of regulations - I just handed them a copy of my movement orders, and told them to contact the DOD about their concerns - It doesn't apply to me... I carried the gun on my hip on the plane "In uniform"... (ROFLOL The "manager" in charge "Required" me to be "In Uniform" Since I already was - It wasn't an issue. Of course it really meant that I couldn't take my TIE off during the flight!!!!! Nasty MF's.... Anyway the "STEWARDESS'S ( as they were known in THOSE days) got me good and drunk.... Gratis...

Those were the days... LOL!!!

Ask me, and I'll tell you how we used to take our GUNS to school EVERY day!!!!.... And Church!!!

OMG.. I'm SO old!!!

G

·
Greetings...

BTW - why does it say that I joined the forum on the 7th of May 2006 - when today is the 6th of may?

Damn CIA... Can't get anything right...

LOL!!!
To err is Human to really screw up requires a computer....

·
Super Moderator
12,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Kandaje said:
Greetings...

BTW - why does it say that I joined the forum on the 7th of May 2006 - when today is the 6th of may?

Damn CIA... Can't get anything right...

LOL!!!
To err is Human to really screw up requires a computer....
It shows you joined the 6th now. Don't know what to say - must have been a server issue.

G

·
Greetings...

LOL - Still says 7th on mine... Doesn't matter.... What's a day among friends...

A day that will live in infamy anyway...

Hallauhah!!! Praise God...

Okay - here's the Gist of it - READ the Constitution -

2nd, you can't take our guns - Fear us...

13th. No slaves unless you are willing....

14th, Citizens - Pay up or shut up. No rights....
Only the PEOPLE have rights. Life, liberty, property all that -
Everyone else (mexican invaders included) only have the law to protect them)

No really it's there - all you have to do is read it....

Don't take MY word for it - read if for yourselves.... I'm Nobody..

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am14.html

There you go...

Try section 4 - that's the fun one.... That's the one where it says Pay up and SHUT up...

Or try section 1 the one that describes 3 distinct political classes - in order - CITIZENS - (with privileges and immunities) The PEOPLE with RIGHTS of LIfe, Liberty and Property, and OTHERS with protection under the law)

It doesn't get any CLEARER folks...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Shipwreck said:
What was the first gun you purchased on your own?

Mine was a Glock 17 - Bought it when I was 22. Unfortunately, it was a horrible gun. Jammed all the time. But, I knew that was unusual enough that it didn't stop me from buying other Glocks years later. None of the others ever gave me a problem, though.
You know what's funny? My first gun was a G22 when I was 21! I shot it constantly, and I still love it, even though I haven't seen it in two years. :( Bought it brand new, thinking that I would get a promotion at my security company, and go on a armed detail. Never happened, but the gun was still fun to have. Worked every time, and even when I had a overloaded round blow up in the barrel, Glock fixed it within a week, absolutely free of charge. I'd trust my life to it.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Kandaje said:
Greetings...

LOL - Still says 7th on mine... Doesn't matter.... What's a day among friends...
Next to your name, after you post, it sayd:

So, May 6th :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first gun is a S&W 686P 6" .357 Magnum. I bought this new about 1 month ago for home defense as well as range shooting. I know that this gun is not a good CCW but that will come later. I have only been shooting about 5 times in my life (I am 44yo). After trying out a Ruger and S&W .357 Magnum as well as a couple of 9mm pistols, I deceided to get a revolver. It was a toss-up between the Ruger and the S&W. Friends of mine said that I could not go wrong with either choice. I guess I chose the S&W because it felt good in my hand and I like the feel of the trigger.

I was also told that the S&W would probably have a better resale value but after talking with friends as well reading message boards I do not plan on selling this gun. I will just buy another gun if I want something different.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts