Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my first gun I was thinking a S&W M&P40c I basically tried every gun in the case at my LGS and it just felt right. I've done a lot of research on these and they seem like great guns. The one they had was used and they wanted $425 for it. Is that a fair price or should I spend a little more and just go new? If anyone has any other suggestions for a good first gun I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to stay around the $450 price range.

Thank you,
BTW real name is Andrew.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ive only shot 5 guns at the range, I cannot remember all five but I know one was a Sig 226 .40 cal. I also shot a 45 and 3 different 9mm but I dont remember the Make/Model of each gun. The gun shop I go to doesnt have a range to test the guns so I couldnt fire any of the guns I held. Of the guns I held at the gun shop the M&P was the only one that felt right in my hand, the others just didnt fit in my hand they were either too small or too big. I really enjoyed shooting the 226 but I dont have the money to buy one at this time.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking buying new... has anyone bought from an online dealer? Whats the best and most reliable place on the web to buy a gun?
$515 doesnt sound bad at all... especially because I would know the guns history for sure.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I looked at the Rugers, I like the price and the look... minus that flag that pops up when its loaded, I wish I could have fired them. But I am flexible and what I'm really looking for is reliability so if that means a Ruger I'll get a Ruger... Thank you for the suggestion I'll start researching and comparing :mrgreen:

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My next step was to find a place to rent and shoot. I am just trying to get a better idea of whats out there.

Also I will probably buy local but I want to compare prices of online and local. The only thing that is decieving about the online prices is it doesnt include shipping and FFL fees so I've been looking around and $470 for a new M&P is great but in reality itll still cost me $520.

Anyone around the Wayne County area of Michigan that has a M&P_c and or SR_c and would be willing to meet up for some range time ??

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@Brevard... I accounted for the FFL fees but all of the online stores I've checked have had a $30 shipping fee, I found a FFL right down the street from me who only charges a $20 fee. So it would be $520... unless I can get one with free shipping.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That would be nice, I really like the options on Buds though plus the site is really easy to use and its easy to find what youre looking for. They have all of the different model numbers so you can find the EXACT gun youre searching for. Thank you again for the pointer to their site.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Ok so I was over at my friends house and his parents have guns. I got to hold a Glock 17 and a Springfield XD40 compact... I really liked the Springfield does anyone have any input on the quality of it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.