Handgun Forum banner

What's your favorite?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, like the name of this thread says. Vote on your favorite semi-automatic handgun round.

·
Super Moderator
12,334 Posts
As much fun as a 1911 in 45 is to shoot, I gotta say that 9mm is my fav. That's all I currently have, and unless I break down and get an HK45 when they come out in 2007, I plan to stick w/ 9mm. Much cheaper.

·
Registered
626 Posts
My favorite is the 45, but I shoot more 9mm, because of the price difference.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is just something magical about the 45 ACP making it my favorite round but I usually shoot more 9mm because of the economics.

·
Registered
531 Posts
.45 ACP is definitely fun to shoot and I shoot a fair amount of it. The .45 can not be argued with for personal protection, but 9mm got my vote...

Most of my pistols are in 9mm. They are high capacity, balanced, reliable, accurate, economical to shoot, and designed around the bullett...

If the SHTF happens, outside of the .22 long rifle, I believe 9mm ammunition will be the most readily available. It's NATO and used by almost every Government around the world. It's my personal opinion that the 9mm will out live the .45ACP for this reason...

While moderate in recoil, 9mm is undoubtedly a renown man stopper. Women, children, small hands and large can all shoot the venerable 9mm...

Heck, even Wild Bill Hickok used this cailber (.36)... If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me... :-D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since we are talking about handguns and not a Thompson submachine gun then I would have to say 9mm rather than .45ACP.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Have to say 9mm based on cost but the .45 is right up there - come to think of it, so's the .40.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts