Handgun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had a terrible time with the customer service at S&W. I had an M&P Shield blow up in my hand in November and sent it into S&W in December. They said that it wasn't a defect with the gun, which I disagree with, but I'm OK with the fact that we disagree with that. They offered me the opportunity to buy a replacement at a discount that I accepted. This was in February. I've yet to receive it and I have written to them many times and they don't respond. Does anyone have an email or phone number to escalate my complaint?

·
Registered
61 Posts
You need to talk to a supervisor. When you accepted their offer, did they ask for an FFL to send it to? They'll have to send it to an FFL since it's a new gun. Did they get your payment already? Have they sent you a receipt for that?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gave them my FFL. And they have not processed my payment yet. I think you are right about calling and asking for a supervisor.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regular brass training bullets. Went through a bunch before the event and after using other guns.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Wow, looks Bad. That sure seems unusual for a S&W but I guess anything mechanical can fail occasionally. Did they say anything about the casting of the slide or milling process? There had to be a weak spot on the side where it let go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All they said is that it wasn’t a fault in the gun. They wouldn’t say what could have caused it.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
So by default they implied you used improper ammo. Doesn’t make sense with what you said about using normal loads, but then nowadays I guess for them to say anything else opens them up to a potential product liability lawsuit. They will likely replace it and hope that is the end of the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Exactly. It didn’t make sense to argue with them about that. They weren’t going to give in.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
All they said is that it wasn’t a fault in the gun. They wouldn’t say what could have caused it.
More than likely a case rupture, firing out of battery, and/or firing the pistol with a squib round obstructing the barrel. Can you post a pic of the fired brass ? I believe it to be a premature conclusion by S&W if they didn't inspect the pistol. Likewise, you should contact the ammo manufacturer and tell them what S&W concluded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts