Handgun Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 96 brig inox last week and have put a couple of boxes of 180 grain hydra-shoks through it because these are the rounds i'm going to use for home defense. I plan on doing a lot of shooting in the near future and need some "economically correct" (cheap), good quality, target/range ammo. Any suggestions? :shock:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Winchester White Box is what I use. Its cheap, like 15 per 100 rds at Walmart. I also saw a case of 250 rds of Remington UMC yellow box at Academy Sporting goods the other day for $39.99.

G

·
LightsandSirens13 said:
I just bought a 96 brig inox last week and have put a couple of boxes of 180 grain hydra-shoks through it because these are the rounds i'm going to use for home defense. I plan on doing a lot of shooting in the near future and need some "economically correct" (cheap), good quality, target/range ammo. Any suggestions?
I use Winchester White Box (WWB) from walmart, it's cheap and I've never had any problems with it. :smt023

For 9mm ammo it's only 5.96 per 50rd box. I'm not sure about the cost for .40cal ammo, but I'm sure it's not much more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info! We have about 6 walmarts in town and only one had the WWB value packs for $16/100 rounds. I went today and bought their entire stock. :-D

·
Registered
67 Posts
LightsandSirens13 said:
Thanks for the info! We have about 6 walmarts in town and only one had the WWB value packs for $16/100 rounds. I went today and bought their entire stock. :-D
:smt023

No go and shoot the heck outta that gun!!!

·
Registered
645 Posts
just hope your Wally Worlds keep stocking ammo.
I was in mine today and the ammo shelf was almost emply and Hurricane season is coming. Usually the shelves are filled.

AFS

G

·
LightsandSirens13 said:
I think the regular guy at the sports counter of my local Walmart shrivels inside when he sees me walking up... Not really. He does go find an empty box though :-D

·
Registered
58 Posts
For some good quality remanufactured ammo try www.lancerammo.com I've use the 9mm, 40S&W, and 45ACP and have been happy with the results. It runs a bit cleaner than WWB. Lancer is a bit back up right now but Mike is a nice guy to work with.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I usually buy the white box. I did see that a local WM had the UMC bulk packs mentioned above.

We have an Academy Sports coming to town soon. :)

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I buy CCI Blazer a lot at my Academy Sports store. Damn price increases has made it almost $5 a box, though. A few months ago, it was $3.86 a box.

My full size HK USP doesn't seem to like the aluminum casing, but the rest of my guns shoot fine w/ it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
What the heck is that?

Am I the only one here that doesn't know what the heck a "96 brig inox" is? :?

We need a glossary of abbreviations for people like me. :(

G

·
Re: What the heck is that?

TxPhantom said:
Am I the only one here that doesn't know what the heck a "96 brig inox" is? :?

We need a glossary of abbreviations for people like me. :(
Here it is... It's a Beretta 92 BRIGADIER INOX :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts