Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an early beretta 92 with the heel magazine release. Looks to be in at least 98% condition and unfired. Has the step down on the slide. The bluing is deep and amazing. How many were imported? How many had the step down in the slide? Has a beretta gun case but doubt it's original. Are these collectible? What are the values on these? I gave $450 at a local pawn shop. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
They can get up there in price, if it is the real deal. Does it look like it was reblued? I'm not a expert on the original 92, but I'm pretty sure that front sight isn't original, with the orange dot on the front post.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Orange front sight is an over lay. Front sight being fixed to the slide. It appears to me to be original bluing. I'm in Ohio.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok I see. There is info on the "step slide" on the web. You don't plan on firing that do you? If ever want to part with it, let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the info. All my guns are shooters. I will shoot the beretta occasionally. Was just wondering if I did good on the purchase price of $450.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes I do believe you did well on that purchase. They are well sought after, I hope someday I can run into my dream gun. (Original 92 step slide). It's your gun, and you can do what you want with it. If I owned a first series 92 step slide, it would be in the safe. They are worth $$$$. Good find

·
Registered
561 Posts
Congratulations! You have done well with your purchase. Take some time do research on what you have there. See post #15 again. It is in your hands now so enjoy it in what ever manner you want. There are some of us that would love to have a Beretta 92 step slide. I am of the mindset now that I am older that my firearms are all shooters. This one would be one I would make a safe Queen.(maybe)
**Before you shoot it-> again get some detailed history on what you have. I too am not a appraiser but would get a detailed review of this Beretta.
Keep your powder dry and good luck!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts