Handgun Forum banner

Disappointed in Colt

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  kansas_plainsman 
I agree Colt sometimes lets not so good slip out the door. On one of 1911 forums Colt has a Rep posting and helping fix these troubles. He has been havinf people return pistol on Colts nickle and seeing the are properlt fixed. But I agree shouldn't have left factory THat said the single shot Para Ord I had should have escaped from their factory either and it cost more than Colt.
I like Springers but a Colt has a lot less MIM parts and forged not cast also. Springers are not totaly with out faults either. I ve been looking at one but really want a new Colt. As I have 2 already my 1941USGI and the 1972 Combat Commander I bought as my welcome home present in 72 after I finished my 2nd tour in Nam. It's around 98% and I just don't want to carry. I do carry the 41 GI at times .

So little time and money and so many choices.

but your looking at cast and MIM parts on springer Very little MIM on Colt and forged not cast. I like Springer but perfer Colt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.