Handgun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Today at my work I was talking to another worker and customer while on my break and we were in the front of the store by the doors and then some guy who I never seen before around my age threw a lit firework in the store and ran away and I knew just by looking at the firework what it was going to do and before I knew it it exploded with a huge concussion blast. Now, if you don't know already I am completly deaf in one ear and partially deaf in the other and that blast made a ringing in my ear. I was so mad that I ran out of the store and chased the guy and seeing as i'm a very fast sprinter, I caught the guy and with all the rage I had in my blood and the fact that I work out a lot and am strong, I had him in a headlock and drug him back into the store and some other people and workers helped me hold him until the cops showed up.

They took everyone's names and everything just like all cops do and then started asking me a bunch of questions about why I felt the need to chase him. I told them all the story about my hearing loss and told them that real loud noises like that were the reason I lost my hearing to begin with and that I could have been made completly deaf in both ears because of that idiot with his little homemade firework. I was then able to press charges on the guy and also the store pressed charges too.

I would have stuck around longer afterwards to see that idiot hauled off in cuffs, but my shift was over and I wanted to go home. Do you guys think I did the right thing or should I have not even bothered chasing that guy? I feel it was the right thing.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,333 Posts
Well, it worked out the way it did, and it's over with. But no, I do not think that was a smart thing to do. What if he had been carrying a gun/had friends with him that were armed/etc. I've had people try to goad me into a fight once or twice, and I just keep walking the other way. Since I'm armed, that would go to a scenario I don't even want to think about.

Of course, that's a bit different then your scenario. You were not armed, but he could have been. Of course, I was your age once, and being a teenager, I may have done the same thing. I don't know. But, as an adult who is older and wiser, I would not have done what you did.

What you should have done after you saw it was cover your ears with your hands, dude :-D
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Maser said:
Today at my work I was talking to another worker and customer while on my break and we were in the front of the store by the doors and then some guy who I never seen before around my age threw a lit firework in the store and ran away and I knew just by looking at the firework what it was going to do and before I knew it it exploded with a huge concussion blast.
that has to be the longest sentence known to mankind, I almost ran out of mental breath... :)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
12,333 Posts
js said:
Maser said:
Today at my work I was talking to another worker and customer while on my break and we were in the front of the store by the doors and then some guy who I never seen before around my age threw a lit firework in the store and ran away and I knew just by looking at the firework what it was going to do and before I knew it it exploded with a huge concussion blast.
that has to be the longest sentence known to mankind, I almost ran out of mental breath... :)
Instead of buying a vowel, he needs to buy some commas and periods :wink:
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Shipwreck said:
js said:
Maser said:
Today at my work I was talking to another worker and customer while on my break and we were in the front of the store by the doors and then some guy who I never seen before around my age threw a lit firework in the store and ran away and I knew just by looking at the firework what it was going to do and before I knew it it exploded with a huge concussion blast.
that has to be the longest sentence known to mankind, I almost ran out of mental breath... :)
Instead of buying a vowel, he needs to buy some commas and periods :wink:
I think I've got a new rank in mind... :wink:
 

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
Joined
·
2,031 Posts
Ummmm .. lemme see...........uh...motormouth :-D :-D :-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,569 Posts
Do I think you did the right thing?

No.

What you did was not wrong, but ill advised. As was pointed out, he could have been setting you up.

Here in Memphis, a carjacking scenario goes like this: Someone is stopped at a traffic light. The carjackers bump the victim's car from behind, just a slight bump. Victim's reaction is to get out to survey damage. Carjackers pull a gun, hi-jack the vehicle and are gone.
In today's world a man has to be as wary as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.


Bob Wright
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
Can you say assault & battery ?? Simply put, you COULD be charged. Hopefully, you won't. Nextly, hopefully, this guy won't pursue charges of unlawful detention or even kidnapping. You had NO right to detain this individual.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top