Handgun Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a couple P07s. One is a suppressor ready version. I’ve been carrying the other off and on alone with a Beretta Px4 Compact for a couple of years. I also own a CZ75b and a SP01. The grip is not the same, but I find the P07 is just as natural pointing for me as the CZ 75 based pistols.

I also prefer DA/SA pistols with decockers for “social work”. And I prefer polymer frames for carry. The P07 is one of my favorite carry pistols.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a P07 Duty and it's my favorite out of 5- other 9's I own. I've shot 4-5K through it and it has never failed to fire or eject any bullet I've fed it. I just recently mounted a Red Dot on it and am trying to find a holster for it. Does anyone know of a holster which will work with the P07 with a RD?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a P07 Duty and it's my favorite out of 5- other 9's I own. I've shot 4-5K through it and it has never failed to fire or eject any bullet I've fed it. I just recently mounted a Red Dot on it and am trying to find a holster for it. Does anyone know of a holster which will work with the P07 with a RD?
JM Custom Kydex and Vedder holsters state that they will build their holsters to accommodate most red dots. Just need to let them know make and model in their notes or comments when ordering.

·
Registered
321 Posts
JM Custom Kydex and Vedder holsters state that they will build their holsters to accommodate most red dots. Just need to let them know make and model in their notes or comments when ordering.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a couple P07s. One is a suppressor ready version.

If you ever want to sell the non-suppressor model let me know. I had the PCR & it was a great shooter. The P-07 gets great reviews. I could live with the small gripping area of the slide. The prices now are freaking wild at $100 over retail & I can wait.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you're looking for comparisons between the CZ P-07 and the S&W M&P Shield, these guns are apples and oranges and fill very different roles. I have a Shield (my second one). I do not have the CZ, but I am very familiar with it. I also have a Langdonized Beretta PX4 Storm Compact and a SIG P229 Enhanced Elite which are much closer to the CZ. I've had many other carry guns (a couple of dozen in all). In addition to being a DA/SA pistol, without a doubt the CZ P-07 is going to be a much better shooter than the Shield and have much greater capacity, but the Shield is going to conceal much more easily (if needed). What you should do is a very personal decision I can't guide you through with any precision, but it might be better to sacrifice the Beretta if it's too large for your needs and then have a Shield and a CZ P-07 or some other option that fills that role. Keep in mind, however, the CZ P-07 is a taller gun than even your 92FS. The Beretta PX4 Storm Compact is only 5" taller (shorter than both), and it is one of the best carry guns I've ever owned, and it's battery of arms is virtually identical to the Beretta 92FS. Langdon Tactical Technologies have all the upgrades you might ever want which will allow you to customize it over time if need be. It's basically a Glock 26-size slide on a Glock 19-size frame. As someone suggested, try to hold the guns you're interested in first. If possible, rent and shoot them as well.

Another good option is the S&W M&P9 M2.0 Subcompact which is closer to the shield but in a double stack (and a little shorter). I have both and the Subcompact is a softer more accurate shooter than the Shield (but the Shield is certainly accurate enough for a carry gun).

IMG_3211 (1).jpeg

IMG_2143.jpeg

IMG_1896.jpeg

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Subcompact is also very flexible as you can use a 15+1 M&P magazine and grip sleeve or a 17+1 as seen here.

IMG_3056.jpeg

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
If you're looking for comparisons between the CZ P-07 and the S&W M&P Shield, these guns are apples and oranges and fill very different roles. I have a Shield (my second one). I do not have the CZ, but I am very familiar with it. I also have a Langdonized Beretta PX4 Storm Compact and a SIG P229 Enhanced Elite which are much closer to the CZ. I've had many other carry guns (a couple of dozen in all). In addition to being a DA/SA pistol, without a doubt the CZ P-07 is going to be a much better shooter than the Shield and have much greater capacity, but the Shield is going to conceal much more easily (if needed). What you should do is a very personal decision I can't guide you through with any precision, but it might be better to sacrifice the Beretta if it's too large for your needs and then have a Shield and a CZ P-07 or some other option that fills that role. Keep in mind, however, the CZ P-07 is a taller gun than even your 92FS. The Beretta PX4 Storm Compact is only 5" taller (shorter than both), and it is one of the best carry guns I've ever owned, and it's battery of arms is virtually identical to the Beretta 92FS. Langdon Tactical Technologies have all the upgrades you might ever want which will allow you to customize it over time if need be. It's basically a Glock 26-size slide on a Glock 19-size frame. As someone suggested, try to hold the guns you're interested in first. If possible, rent and shoot them as well.

Another good option is the S&W M&P9 M2.0 Subcompact which is closer to the shield but in a double stack (and a little shorter). I have both and the Subcompact is a softer more accurate shooter than the Shield (but the Shield is certainly accurate enough for a carry gun).

View attachment 18898
View attachment 18899
View attachment 18900
Thanks for the information for Langdon Tactical. I've never heard of them before and they're right here in Arizona. I already placed an order with them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Shield is really thin. P-07? NO contest. Any CZ shoot the pants off any S & W auto.

·
Registered
40 Posts

View attachment 18898
View attachment 18899
View attachment 18900
Very informative post. I am looking for a Beretta PX4 Compact 9mm to little avail. I finally am seeing CZ P-07's & usually the price is $559 & higher. The PX4 line has been much maligned but if the long pull in DA & creep on SA can be mastered, they are worth it. Bat wings, you will find them for sure. On CZ 07 the slide is low, so decisions to make.

·
Supporting Member
5,602 Posts
Thanks for the information for Langdon Tactical. I've never heard of them before and they're right here in Arizona. I already placed an order with them.
They are located at the fourth cactus after three Cs , first c is west then two Cs south

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very informative post. I am looking for a Beretta PX4 Compact 9mm to little avail. I finally am seeing CZ P-07's & usually the price is $559 & higher. The PX4 line has been much maligned but if the long pull in DA & creep on SA can be mastered, they are worth it. Bat wings, you will find them for sure. On CZ 07 the slide is low, so
decisions to make.

Soarin1, I'm not sure the PX4 had been much maligned for its trigger, but the trigger of my particular PX4 Storm Compact sample-which began as a stock Inox before I added Langdon Tactical Technology (LTT) upgrades-was very good save for the reset. In other words, I could pull the stock DA trigger with little or no front sight disruption and the SA with absolutely none (dry firing, of course). Once I added a lighter 10 lb. LTT chrome silicon hammer spring ($16 shipped) and a LTT OP trigger bar to shorten the reset ($74 shipped), even with the PX4's polymer trigger, after $90 in upgrades, it is about as good as my custom SIG P229. I only say "about as good" because my SIG trigger is heavier in both DA and SA modes, but it pulls just as well and it is possibly a tad smoother in DA (which is a testament to SIG). More importantly, however, I can now pull the PX4 DA with no front sight disruption at all and the SA is light, short and crisp (and possibly better than the SIG). In fact, I the trigger in these guns would have nothing to do with choosing one as they are both more than good enough for me. But even without those LTT upgrades for the Beretta, the DA & SA performance was both smooth and very serviceable already save for the unusually long rest for a DA/SA pistol. Now the DA is about 6.5 lbs and the SA is about 4.5 lbs., but better yet, it only has about 1/10th of an inch reset similar to a PPQ or my P229 (with SIG's short reset trigger enhancement). I might even add a one pound heavier hammer spring to the Beretta than I already have because, although the DA pull is lighter, I didn't notice a change in the quality of pull, so I might as well have a heavier (and in my mind safer) DA trigger (LTT has both a 10 lb. and an 11 lb.). But if I had to do it over again, I would still have been happy with the trigger if I did nothing other than add the $74 trigger bar to shorten the reset (again, regarding my particular stock PX4 Compact sample). I could enhance the Beretta's trigger further with the Beretta PX4 Storm Competition Trigger Group, but I don't feel it's necessary for me.

By the way, if I had to choose between these two pistols, I'd still probably keep the SIG, but largely because it is far more versatile. In other words, I have 9mm, .40 S&W and .357 SIG barrels and magazines for it, and if I ever decide to put on a Holosun green dot open reflex sight (or any red dot for that matter), the milling is considerably less expensive for the SIG (about half the price). I don't see me doing that any time soon (if at all), but of the dozens of concealed carry pistols I've owned, these two are by far my favorites (nothing comes close). The PX4 is my dedicated 9mm and I usually carry my P229 chambered in .357 SIG (using the 9mm barrel for training). Whatever I don't carry is just one more option in the bedroom at night.

Langdonized PX4 Storm Compact Inox and SIG P229 Enlanced Elite with Grayguns upgrades et al. ...jpeg

·
Registered
321 Posts
I can kind of echo what TTT just stated. Triggers on the P07 and Px4 Storm, in a side by side comparison, would have the Px4 trigger being a smoother, more constant pull, where the P07 has some places along the trigger travel that tend to stack and stage.

I also added a couple of trigger upgrades to my Px4 compact. (LTT optimized trigger bar and reduced hammer spring, though I didn’t go down to the 10lb.). The Px4 trigger and Fire control parts are set up to be modular, which makes working on the trigger a bit easier than the CZ.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts