Handgun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 9mm shield and I like it, shoots well, seldom jams on brass case ammo. Looking at the 9mm CZ p07 because I like a double/single action and a hammer with a decocker. the CZ has .6 more barrel at 3.8, and 7 round more capacity with 15+1. Just about $200 more (including background) than I paid for my M&P 3 years ago.

I also have a 92FS which is just a bit large for me. I still shoot it but the CZ 75B felt slightly smaller in my hand and I believe the p07 is slimmer than that and a full pound lighter than the 92. The Shield fits nice and if anything could be a bit too small but it is my carry piece so small is better, if still within control.

The p07 is hard to find new in my LGS , impossible used, and I'd have to have them order it. Really like to hold one before I commit.

Any other opinions or comparisons from owners of CZ p07s, 75b's 92fs and/or shields?

·
Supporting Member
5,606 Posts
You Definitely want to hold the gun in your hand before buying IMO
I've had my mind made up on a certain handgun until I held it.
Good luck

·
Registered
726 Posts
I know what I would choose, but I'm not you. At the very least hold both in your hand and do a little snooping around the Forums. IMG_3404.JPG IMG_3407.JPG

·
Registered
845 Posts
If you own a 92FS, a Beretta PX4 Compact may be worth looking at as well. Never owned or shot a CZ, but I reallly dig the PX4 Compacts.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the CZ 75D Compact PCR from LGS. So far VERY happy with it. $574 when I subtract the $66 in free range time they threw in. I was able to find one at the LGS but because they had no P07's to compare I had to guess using known dimensions. PCR has rubber grips and is .25 longer and just a bit slimmer. Still double stack and has de-cocker but not the new trigger.
Trigger on DA feels fine to me and on SA also. Recoil is very manageable and target re-acquisition is quick. @ 21 feet, consistent in a 4" circle, Just need old eyes to focus faster. Ordered a Sneaky Pete OWB holster designed for the P07 and I think I will feel very comfortable with this as my EDC piece.

·
Registered
726 Posts
You made a fine choice. I think the CZ's are top notch. I have carried a lot of pistol's in my time but none suit's me like the CZ line.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I own a couple CZ clones, including an IWI Jericho all-steel compact. TheJericho's backstrap shape closely resembles the CZ's. Pretty sure it was made for my hand.

·
Supporting Member
5,606 Posts

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Lmao,
Way to many, lol.
Does Desertman even know the amount of drugs, gambling fun he could have waisted instead of buying something to show for his money?
And possibly sell later down the road for a profit because of the Great Quality of guns, he'll never understand .
Yeah, I sure missed out on a lot of fun!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the CZ 75 P-01 with the decocker. I installed CZ Meprolight TRU-DOT night sights and a DPM recoil system. This recoil system really does reduce recoil and it keeps the slide from banging against the frame when it goes into battery.
The ergonomics of this weapon is such that when you place it in your hand the gun dictates how you grip it. This is due to the CZ "palm swell grips" that moves the V (your thumb and index) up closer to the slide.

For those of you that never handled one, ( palm swell grip) try it, its a whole different feel and available for other weapons like the 1911.

Oh did I mention that it is very accurate too?

CZ 75 P-01 DPM.JPG

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Got the CZ 75D Compact PCR from LGS. So far VERY happy with it. $574 when I subtract the $66 in free range time they threw in. I was able to find one at the LGS but because they had no P07's to compare I had to guess using known dimensions. PCR has rubber grips and is .25 longer and just a bit slimmer. Still double stack and has de-cocker but not the new trigger.
Trigger on DA feels fine to me and on SA also. Recoil is very manageable and target re-acquisition is quick. @ 21 feet, consistent in a 4" circle, Just need old eyes to focus faster. Ordered a Sneaky Pete OWB holster designed for the P07 and I think I will feel very comfortable with this as my EDC piece.
Well the sneaky pete got here today and the PCR doesn't fit. Not even close.

So for those that EDC the PCR, what holster do you use? I have seen one on line (ebay) that says its the one the Czech police wear, looks minimal and also looks like it has a button release like Blackhawk used on my 92FS holster. IMG_0686.JPG IMG_0687.JPG Ebay holster 1.jpg That's the third photo. $66 on ebay. Some other kydex OWB holsters are cheaper.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Well the sneaky pete got here today and the PCR doesn't fit. Not even close.

So for those that EDC the PCR, what holster do you use? I have seen one on line (ebay) that says its the one the Czech police wear, looks minimal and also looks like it has a button release like Blackhawk used on my 92FS holster. View attachment 17971 View attachment 17972 View attachment 17973 That's the third photo. $66 on ebay. Some other kydex OWB holsters are cheaper.
All of my CZ's fit in my Sig P229 holsters, both shoulder and belt.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts