Handgun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyone else have to cut down on their shooting a little due to ammo prices?

The range price went up here recently. And between that and the extra cost for ammo, I don't go as often.

I also used to shoot 200 rounds per trip. Now, I do 150 rounds usually....
I joined the local range and the more that I shoot, the cheaper it is. (Per visit!)
I shoot the same amount. In my area, some calibers are coming down in price. I have enough 22lr to shoot all I want.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Took a trip to Sportsman Warehouse to see what the situation was. They had plenty of 9mm range ammo at a decent price but I was looking for some SD ammo to rotate my stock and found (1) box of Barnes Tac-XP in the whole store. Now that it's getting a little cooler in AZ I'm hoping to make trips to the range a little more often. Oh yea, went to the Crossroads Gun Show and saw Small Pistol Primers for $100 and passed, what a mistake.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Availability of components for reloading slowed things a little, but the two big reasons I shoot less is the divorce and the loss of the range that was two miles away from my home...where I lived before the divorce. There is still an excellent free public range south of me I use often, and judging by the people out there, there is no ammo shortage whatsoever. Local stores have full ammo shelves, and slowly but surely components are creeping back in as well. When it cools off, I'll fire up the lead pot and start casting some more 9mm and 38 bullets.
Not short of 38, but BRASS...nobody dumps 38 brass anymore.

·
Administrator
13,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
2000 Rounds FMJ 9mm for $800 , Good deal ???

View attachment 21974

View attachment 21973
Those are reloads or remanufactured ammo, right? Who makes that?

That is $20 per 50. You can get Blazer Brass for that price at Academy all day long... Or online, you can get even better deals for Blazer Brass.

So no, that is not a good deal. That is regular price.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Those are reloads or remanufactured ammo, right? Who makes that?

That is $20 per 50. You can get Blazer Brass for that price at Academy all day long... Or online, you can get even better deals for Blazer Brass.

So no, that is not a good deal. That is regular price.
You are correct Sir! The head stamps are all different brands. $.40 a round? Nah.

Reactions: Javbike

·
Registered
64 Posts
Those are 100% reloads - that is the infamous Berry's Target Hollow Point plated bullet. I had MUCH difficulty getting them work right in anything, even the Scorpion, which would eat literally anything...it choked on the THP.
I'd be asking for my money back, as they misrepresented this badly, if you can. I never, ever shoot anyone else's reloads, after a few wild experiences in the past. All i see is material to be broken down for components.

·
Administrator
13,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Those are Hollow Point not FMJ
Good deal if they shoot good
I could find 31Cents per rd online
FMJ or JHP... I would never buy or shoot someone else's reloads. Doesn't matter if they gave it to me.

I blew up a Glock 17 barrel in 1995 shooting someone else's reloads. NEVER again. I am lucky I was not harmed when it happened. It ruined the barrel.

After that - no reloads. I have had people want to shoot my guns and want to use remanufactured ammo before, I decline that as well.

·
Administrator
13,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
this person he shoot a lot 1000-1500 rounds no problem, but I have a lot 9mm ammo so ~ I wait
and I just got his Gun AR9 today
Shoot what you like, but I'd recommend against buying and/or using someone else's reloaded ammo. Just a bad idea.

What will you do if something goes wrong? Is he going to pay for the damage? Probably not.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts