Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I still shoot as often but I start out with my new Ruger MKIV Target for a hundred shots or so to warm up and then go to the center fire pistols.
My range still charges $25 a year and it costs two gallons of gas to make the trip.
I have noticed that there are fewer other shooters at the range.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have really cut back in last couple years. Covid being the main issue- then ammo cost. I let my inventory of 380 get low. And it was just too expensive over the counter. Recently purchased a couple orders online- so that is fixed.
Then this past week I actually came down with the darn covid my self. We took all the shots and masked out in public- but unfortunately caught it from a family member who came to visit.

But- we are recovering....and my isolation time is over in a few more days. But-I plan to go shoot soon. The range I go to is outdoor and usually empty in the mornings- that's why i like it.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I have really cut back in last couple years. Covid being the main issue- then ammo cost. I let my inventory of 380 get low. And it was just too expensive over the counter. Recently purchased a couple orders online- so that is fixed.
Then this past week I actually came down with the darn covid my self. We took all the shots and masked out in public- but unfortunately caught it from a family member who came to visit.

But- we are recovering....and my isolation time is over in a few more days. But-I plan to go shoot soon. The range I go to is outdoor and usually empty in the mornings- that's why i like it.
I am glad you are on the mend.
I had covid a week ago. I got over it in 48 hours. No vax for me. The story is still being written on the long term affects of that crap. I have natural immunity now without the mystery side affects.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone else have to cut down on their shooting a little due to ammo prices?

The range price went up here recently. And between that and the extra cost for ammo, I don't go as often.

I also used to shoot 200 rounds per trip. Now, I do 150 rounds usually....
Cut back alright ... but more so because of availability !
After the great 22 LR drought / shortage ended I hoarded up on 22 LR , whenever there was a sale at local outlets ... I stocked high and deep ... I have plenty ...
... but hesitant to shoot a lot because I don't want to run out ... I have em ... I'm just loath to waste them .
Centerfire handgun and rifle ... not cost ... I cast bullets and reload for every firearm I own . But now the availability of primers limits my shooting ...
and the cost of primers being over $100 a brick ... I'm not playing that game .

I have a nice old Bear Polar LTD Compound Bow ...i'll shoot it untill the price of shafts and fletching goes through the roof ...
... after that I'm back to throwing rocks !
Gary

·
Registered
531 Posts
New NYS law requires you give your name, address, occupation, phone # when buying ammo. So many will opt not to buy. Also CC companies are now tracking your firearm and ammo purchases. No problem here, I will get ammo out of state and use cash. I suggest using cash so the deep state cannot track you. On line sales will drop I am sure. This is all unconstitutional and will be challenged some day but as we all know, going through the courts is time consuming. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
531 Posts

Hello, the masks are worthless and so is the shot. Read this article:
I too got the shots but also got the virus. Recovered. Also read my post down the stack.
Stay healthy and stay safe.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I still shoot as often but I start out with my new Ruger MKIV Target for a hundred shots or so to warm up and then go to the center fire pistols.
My range still charges $25 a year and it costs two gallons of gas to make the trip.
I have noticed that there are fewer other shooters at the range.
I am a member of 2 ranges. One is 20$ the other is $30. One is 5 minutes the other about 10. Why 2? Just in case one is shut down for maintenance or trng. classes.
I too have noticed a lot less shooters the past 2 years. Most due to ammo shortages and now the price of ammo. Trap ammo is in short supply so the trap ranges are always vacant. Now with more unconstitutional restrictions on ammo and firearms I am guessing things will continue.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have seen 9mm for 16 a box here. I just recently ordered 1500 rounds of it at 15 a box with free shipping. now you have to pay tax. didn't used to on the internet orders. so that makes it not much cheaper than at a store.

·
Registered
155 Posts
New NYS law requires you give your name, address, occupation, phone # when buying ammo. So many will opt not to buy. Also CC companies are now tracking your firearm and ammo purchases. No problem here, I will get ammo out of state and use cash. I suggest using cash so the deep state cannot track you. On line sales will drop I am sure. This is all unconstitutional and will be challenged some day but as we all know, going through the courts is time consuming. Thanks for reading.
Do you remember a while ago when you bought handgun ammo all that info was taken down ...big pain ...the clerck would ask, when you bought 22 LR ammo ..." is this ammo for a rifle or for a handgun ?" and if you answered handgun ... you had to do the paperwork and register the ammo .... I only made that mistake once ... the first time ! After that my 10/22 rifle was shooting every 22 LR I bought .
And guess how many crimes all that registration of ammo helped to solve ... 0 ... So they are going to do it again ... democrats are insane ... a waste of time and our money !
Gary

1 - 20 of 42 Posts