Handgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
js, just checking, are you familiar with the care and lube of the central block on a Cougar. That nub that engages the barrel for the rotation should be lubed pretty good and all will run fine. Sometimes first time Cougar owners are not familiar with that. I use Breakfree CLP on my 8045 and have owned a 8040 Inox and 8000L. The PX4 gets the same type of treatment for its central block.

... just checking...

gary

·
Registered
8 Posts
I usually put only a drop or two along the rails and slide, but have always left a pretty heavy film on the central block and the channel on the barrel. I had a few FTF/E with my 8040 Inox and I believe that it was because I had not lubed the block as well as I should have. Never had any problems with the 8045, which was my first Cougar and didn't have any more with the 8045 when I lubed a bit heavier. The stainless seemed to really need it more than the standard steels.

Wann have fun... shoot a Cougar strong hand only and watch the pistol rotate on recoil. Unlike the 92's that just come straight up the Cougar will rotate your wrist a bit... Its a Cougar Thing!

gary

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.