Handgun Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
I’ve never once heard this in all the time I’ve been around people who use cbd
I work as a probation officer - while I never truly know - many, many people over the past few years have failed for THC on drug tests, and swear up and down they are taking CBD products. The last one showed me the label - and on the back, it was listed that THC was in there - just at a very low amount.

So yes - it is possible to fail a drug test on CBD products

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I work as a probation officer - while I never truly know - many, many people over the past few years have failed for THC on drug tests, and swear up and down they are taking CBD products. The last one showed me the label - and on the back, it was listed that THC was in there - just at a very low amount.

So yes - it is possible to fail a drug test on CBD products
Sho nuff

·
Banned
56 Posts
I have tried a lot of the CBD stuff, some of it is ok but most of it is bunk. Aint nothing works like the real thing, I know it's not for everybody and it's still taboo to a lot of folks, which is BS. The illegality of weed comes right down to the racism of our government in the 20's and 30's, read your history. If you want relief, smoke the real thing, just sayin'. If one gets in trouble for smoking a weed that helps you feel better, eases your pain and makes you happy, that my friends is the real crime.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
I have tried a lot of the CBD stuff, some of it is ok but most of it is bunk. Aint nothing works like the real thing, I know it's not for everybody and it's still taboo to a lot of folks, which is BS. The illegality of weed comes right down to the racism of our government in the 20's and 30's, read your history. If you want relief, smoke the real thing, just sayin'. If one gets in trouble for smoking a weed that helps you feel better, eases your pain and makes you happy, that my friends is the real crime.
Well, I deal with drug addicts on a daily basis for my job. I whole heartedly disagree with you.

·
Banned
56 Posts
Well, I deal with drug addicts on a daily basis for my job. I whole heartedly disagree with you.
Well number one pot is not a drug, it's not addictive. Nicotine is a drug and is addictive but you dont need a card for that, and lets not even get started on alcohol.
Number two, I really dont care what you disagree with. Comparing pot to addictive drugs like meth and fentinol and other highly addictive drugs is like comparing apples and rocks, and only shows one naivety and lack of research and understanding.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
Well number one pot is not a drug, it's not addictive. Nicotine is a drug and is addictive but you dont need a card for that, and lets not even get started on alcohol.
Number two, I really dont care what you disagree with. Comparing pot to addictive drugs like meth and fentinol and other highly addictive drugs is like comparing apples and rocks, and only shows one naivety and lack of research and understanding.
Well, we can agree to disagree. Neither one of us are going to change our opinions...

Because I think you are incorrect. And, I have read my share of research as well. And, I deal with people daily who use.

You have admitted to using for years. What else are you going to say about it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Myself I'm not going to argue on whether pot is a drug or not or whether it's addictive? I voted for it to be legalized for both recreational and medicinal use in Arizona of which both passed. Only because I can't see throwing people in jail for the use and possession of small amounts of it for their own personal use either recreational or medicinal. At the very least dragging them through the criminal justice system and being fined and imprisoned for up to one year for a 1st offense. Of course driving under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance should never be tolerated. That's usually how most people get caught. Unless a neighbor catches you using it within your own property and calls the police. Or if the police are called for any reason and smell it or it's clearly visible within your own home. Like laying out on a kitchen table, paraphernalia and all. If the police also see firearms present they just might enforce federal laws in spite of state laws. That's the chance that marijuana users take if they own firearms.

God only knows what may happen if you have to shoot someone defending yourself while under the influence of a controlled substance? You can be pretty damn sure that there will be an investigation and you may be drug tested. The person of whom you shot's family's attorney will have a field day with that. "You shot their son while under the influence of marijuana or THC laced products".

The bottom line is that it's still classified as a controlled substance and is illegal to use and possess under federal law. In which case it's still illegal to possess firearms under those same laws. Regardless if it's legal under state laws. If people want to use pot then go ahead. Just don't get caught with it or be under the influence of it while in possession of a firearm. If so you could be charged with the illegal possession of a weapon and or lying on a federal form in order to purchase one. In addition to the illegal possession of marijuana charge(s). You could also forfeit your 2nd Amendment rights to own firearms in the future unless your record is expunged and your rights restored. Of course these laws don't apply to people with the last name of Biden or any other prominent Democrat politician.

www.legalmatch.com › law-library › articleFederal Laws for Marijuana Possession and Distribution ...
  • For a first offense: misdemeanor, up to a year in jail and up to $1,000 in fines;
  • For a second offense: misdemeanor, up to 2 years in jail (with a mandatory minimum of 15 da
norml.org › laws › federal-penalties-2Federal Laws and Penalties - NORML

Possession of marijuana is punishable by up to one year in jail and a minimum fine of $1,000 for a first conviction. For a second conviction, the penalties increase to a 15-day mandatory minimum sentence with a maximum of two years in prison and a fine of up to $2,500. Subsequent convictions carry a 90-day mandatory minimum sentence and a maximum of up to three years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.
OffensePenaltyIncarceration max. Fine
Any amount (first offense)misdemeanor1 year$ 1,000
Any amount (second offense)misdemeanor15 days* - 2 years$ 2,500
Any amount (subsequent offense)misdemeanor or felony90 days* - 3 years$ 5,000
Less than 50 kgfelony5 years$ 250,000

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've maybe smoked half a dozen cigarettes in my entire life? I tried them and hated it. They both taste and smell like shit. I figured what the f'k do I want to continue doing that for? But the difference between pot, cigarettes and alcohol is that recreational pot's only purpose is to get an individual high. I really don't know whether gummies that contain THC for medicinal use can get you high? But they're still considered a controlled substance and they're illegal to use and possess under federal law.

Some people like to use tobacco products but as far as I know they don't impair an individuals ability to drive or operate machinery. Nor do they affect someone's judgement. Of course it is a major health problem and a slow method of suicide. Alcoholic beverages are okay if taken in moderation such as having a beer, glass of wine or a cocktail with dinner. Obviously anything beyond that and indeed it's a major issue. Myself I like having a beer or two after dinner. If I go out to eat it's iced tea for me. If I ever got into an accident I do not under any circumstances want to have even the slightest trace of alcohol in my system. Especially since I'm packin' heat.

While recreational and medicinal use is legal in several states, it remains illegal according to federal law. This means any sales are technically illegal according to the federal government. However, laws vary by state; some states have legalized medicinal and recreational marijuana, whereas others only legalize medicinal marijuana. Some states persecute users for recreational and medicinal use.

Cannabis Gummies Legal Status
The US government classifies Cannabis as a Schedule 1 narcotic. This means, to them, that marijuana has no medical benefits but a high risk of abuse. Drugs in the Schedule I category are still unsafe according to the federal government. This means that if they want to the feds could enforce criminalization. This means gummies cannot be legally in possession or under prescription. Less enforcement is happening every day. Are Cannabis Gummies Legal in the US? The Stone Provides

·
Banned
56 Posts
Well, we can agree to disagree. Neither one of us are going to change our opinions...

Because I think you are incorrect. And, I have read my share of research as well. And, I deal with people daily who use.

You have admitted to using for years. What else are you going to say about it.
What do you want me to say, I smoke it when I want to not because I need to. I smoked cigarettes for over 30 years, not because I wanted to but because I was addicted to them, but I quit cold turkey in three days. I go days some times weeks without smoking it, because it's not addictive. To compare it and addiction to hard drugs and addiction is an idiotic and uneducated statement, and dont preach about dealing with people daily who use it. I've dealt with hard drug users my whole life, as a matter of fact I lost my brother and both his sons just this last year to Fentanol addiction. For you to compare pot to any of these hard drugs or even alcohol or cigarettes is a damned foolish statement and only proves in my mind that you have no idea of which you speak. I dont give a good god damn what your job is or who you have to deal with, if you haven't lived with it or dealt with it personally you have no fucking idea what you are talking about. If you think pot compares to any of it even cigarettes, well I hope you're not a drug counselor.

·
Super Moderator
12,713 Posts
For you to compare pot to any of these hard drugs or even alcohol or cigarettes is a damned foolish statement and only proves in my mind that you have no idea of which you speak.
Two things...

One, I can make the exact same statement, because my opinion mirrors that - except the opposite view..... Except I did so POLITELY. I guess all that drug use has made that impossible for you. I've noticed this same action for hard core marijuana users on forums - whenever someone takes the opposite view. They lose their mind trying to defend their actions. And, they get nasty. Rational disagreements go out the window.

You only help make MY case, and my point.

I dont give a good god damn what your job is or who you have to deal with, if you haven't lived with it or dealt with it personally you have no fucking idea what you are talking about.
And the second thing.... I am not the one cursing and throwing about personal insults. I think you forget where you are at. This is a public gun forum. direct attacks and insults like this are not allowed here against ANYONE. You don't know how to act. I can disagree with some here whole heartedly, as can any others. We do not act that way here. .

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.