Handgun Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I like the Caniks. I have the Elite- and it is fantastic- period. The trigger is a little "light"-(especially for newbies) which I like- but I've been handling guns for many years.
I also have the TP9 DA- which I keep out for my home defense gun. It has a DA/SA trigger. And I have the C-100 (Tristar) Canik for just fun shooting.
Sure wish I could find a C-100 in the stores around me! I haven't seen on in over a year. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered mine online- from Bud's Gun Shop. Don't remember the price- gonna say a little over $300 + shipping and FFL fee on this end- may have been less than $350 total?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like the Caniks. I have the Elite- and it is fantastic- period. The trigger is a little "light"-(especially for newbies) which I like- but I've been handling guns for many years.
I also have the TP9 DA- which I keep out for my home defense gun. It has a DA/SA trigger. And I have the C-100 (Tristar) Canik for just fun shooting.
Have you had any problems with the Elite or the DA cycling lower powered ammo?

I had an SFX and had some several stovepipes the first day shooting 115gr Brass. Took it home and cleaned it, locked the slide back for a week. Next week at the range no issues with the same ammo. Ended up selling it after owning it for only 2 months because it felt big in my hand. But now looking at picking up an SF Elite, the grip feels smaller than the SFX and seems to fit my hand really well.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Have you had any problems with the Elite or the DA cycling lower powered ammo?...................
No. I have mostly shot S&B 115 and 124 gr ammo and it is a little hotter than standard ammo made in USA. However i have shot lots of Federal, and Remington 115 fmj and HTC with no issues.

In the DA I had 1 fail to fire with Freedom Ammunition re-mans...that was bad ammo. Not a single other issue in 595 rounds.

In the Elite- I did have 8 fail to fire with S&B, Rem, and Fed right in the beginning and up to 272 rounds. Sent the gun in and they replaced firing pin block and a spring?.....been 100% since put another approx 550 more rounds- not a single issue.

By the way- there is a Canik forum.........www.canikfanatik.com

·
Registered
49 Posts
No. I have mostly shot S&B 115 and 124 gr ammo and it is a little hotter than standard ammo made in USA. However i have shot lots of Federal, and Remington 115 fmj and HTC with no issues.

In the DA I had 1 fail to fire with Freedom Ammunition re-mans...that was bad ammo. Not a single other issue in 595 rounds.

In the Elite- I did have 8 fail to fire with S&B, Rem, and Fed right in the beginning and up to 272 rounds. Sent the gun in and they replaced firing pin block and a spring?.....been 100% since put another approx 550 more rounds- not a single issue.

By the way- there is a Canik forum.........www.canikfanatik.com
I appreciate the reply and the info.
Thanks.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts