Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about adding one to my collection. I see they get very good reviews. Any recommendations appreciated.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have read a couple reviews that place the Canik in the top 5, modern 9mm pistols manufactured today...

·
Registered
409 Posts
I’ve had two Canik TP9 family pistols.

A TP9SA that stirred internet controversy, because it has a decocker on it and is a single action, striker fired pistol.

I also have a TP9V2. A DA/SA striker fired pistol with decocker. (Basically a Walther P99AS clone).

Both have been trouble free for a couple thousand rounds each.

Some owners have encountered broken strikers early on. Changes have been made and you don’t hear about problems with them any longer.

Some report the pistols being over-sprung making cycling of low power loads less reliable. Replacement springs were offered by Century to
Owners encountering these problems. Others report, running the pistol on hotter loads for a while seems to break in the recoil spring and problems tend to go away.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got mine a couple of weeks ago, TP9SF in FDE:

Flooring Composite material Office supplies Metal Auto part

Not sure why the photo is upside down, but I took it with my cellphone. If a moderator can flip it that would be great.

This one is only a 10 rounder, but that's fine. Got 200 rnds thru it so far. Gotta love that trigger. Came with 2 mags and a larger back strap.

It's a bit heavier than my FMK 9c1G2, but not as heavy as the Beretta 92FS and it's size is in between the 2.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I really like this pistol! My son-in-law just picked up a Tisas Kanuni S 9mm for a great price, need to compare them side-by-side.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Both made in Turkey.

·
Registered
161 Posts
While the Canik was at the top of my "to buy soon" list, I could find none available. During my research I found a Masada, liked what I read and saw, found one available, so I ordered it. We'll see, but I'm confident I got a good gun coming...

·
Registered
109 Posts
While the Canik was at the top of my "to buy soon" list, I could find none available. During my research I found a Masada, liked what I read and saw, found one available, so I ordered it. We'll see, but I'm confident I got a good gun coming...
I had been looking for over a month when I noticed one of the LGS here had one listed. I jumped on it and the next day it was no longer on their site. Took almost 2 weeks to arrive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hopefully, View attachment 18558 I will get it to the range this coming Monday.
How did your new Canik perform?

I picked up one of the sub-compacts the end of April. Had all kinds of failures with it. Dead trigger failures. Sometimes it failed to go into battery and sometimes it just had a dead trigger. Took over a month and 3 or 4 emails with customer service to finally get some parts to "try" to fix the gun. Very strange. The two people I know with Caniks have not had a single issue. The trigger was phenomenal....when it shot!!! But not too thrilled right now. Got the parts last night, so hopefully I will have time to play with it this weekend; and hopefully it fixes the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree, it's a very decent pistol and also a very practical one. I started carrying several months ago, and me being me, I can't purchase something without the idea that I got the most suitable item out there. I watched several hours worth of reviews and demonstrations at the shooting range to the point that I knew everything about this pistol. Having bought it I couldn't be happier, it was like meeting your favorite celebrity. Now I carry it everywhere and feel a lot more confident with it by my side.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like the Caniks. I have the Elite- and it is fantastic- period. The trigger is a little "light"-(especially for newbies) which I like- but I've been handling guns for many years.
I also have the TP9 DA- which I keep out for my home defense gun. It has a DA/SA trigger. And I have the C-100 (Tristar) Canik for just fun shooting.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts