Handgun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if i'm the only one who has noticed this, but have any of you noticed that in like every single pic of someone shooting a gun they look all pissed off and mad at the world while they're shooting. I know when I shoot I got a huge grin on my face. Why can't people look happier while shooting.?

So come on guys, look like you are having fun and not wanting to kill someone. :p

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I will agree with both of you gentlemen. Shooting does take concentration, and I'm afraid I look a little too somber while shooting.

But folks need to smile more. I go into a store and some young kid is behind the counter with his, or her, lips all pooched out ready to bite nails. I smile and something like "I hope your day improves."

My wife's ministry is giving out Gospel tracts. She smiles sweetly and says something like "I'd like to give you something to read when you have the time." And adds, "Our church address is on the back. We'd be glad to have you visit."

Folks have been good to me all my life, and I try to share that. I've already had a great life, and Heaven after. What more could anyone want?

Bob Wright

·
Super Moderator
12,334 Posts
Well, in years past - I used to be told all the time - "U need to smile," "let me see a smile." Sorry, but that gets annoying after a while :-D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
From the late Jerry Clower:

Maybe "you ought to get on this side of it and see what the rest of us is smiling about."

Bob Wright

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I've had a smiling problem (according to others) for a long time. Many times I think I am smiling but others think I am not. I guess I smiling on the inside but it just ain't showing on the outside. :) Several years ago I received as a gift from the staff a picture of a bald eagle with the caption, "I AM smiling". I also think people are sometimes too quick to judge based on looks alone. I'm generally a happy guy but a lot of folks I come in contact with feel I don't look that way. I tell 'em I was just born with that look! Although that look has helped with some of the jobs I have had. Heh, heh.
I live in a small town which has about a 34% retired population. I notice many of the retired folks in the community appear to be frowning (and I don't think they realize it). Maybe we can come up with a new name for this malady and then we can sell some pills or something. :-D :-D :-D

·
Registered
65 Posts
I try to smile a lot at work and I try pretty hard to get people around me to smile. I do Desktop Support for a living, so if someone sees me it's because something is broken. Working at a hospital means some people get really really really stressed when their equipment breaks. There are also offices that are perpetually overbusy, and broken equipment gives people a deer-in-the-headlights look. A good smile and a humorous comment here and there make a world of difference.

-=Whittey=-

·
Super Moderator
12,334 Posts
Bob Wright said:
Shipwreck,

The knives are "GINSU" such as in "Ginger" and "Sue."

Bob Wright
Well, with my $19.95 purchase you get the smile and the "gensui" knives - mine are different :p - What do U expect for $19.95? :lol:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
I think Bob is looking for some GingerSue knives. :) :) :) and of course, I could be confused. :? 8) Or maybe somebody named Ginger or Sue in Memphis needs some knives.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm lazy, and it takes a lot less effort and muscles to smile than it does to frown. :-D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Charlie said:
P97, Are you smiling in your avatar? I can't figure it out!
Have to smile with my mouth shut to keep my missing front teeth from showing. :-D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
"Ginger" and "Sue" were the names of the ladies for whom the knives were named when they were first marketed. Not sure whether they were wives or other relation, to the men who came up with the idea.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
The men who originated the business were interviewed on a local TV channel. Don't remember particulars, but seems they live in Arkansas somewhere. The gist of the program segment was self-promotion of product though TV exposure/mail order.

Things like that stick in my mind.

Bob Wright

1 - 20 of 23 Posts