·
Premium Member
3,787 Posts
You never know until you try.

GW

·
Registered
167 Posts
You're going to find it varies greatly by county. Some are very easy, a virtual "shall issue", while others are no issue. What county are you in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in L.A. should I even try? I work many times graveyard hours in bad neighborhoods with a van full of expensive tools and equipment, and almost always I work alone even the business employees are usually gone while I work. Anyone think I stand a chance at getting the ccw? and if so are there any draw backs to getting it, like will I be subject to random searches at my home or something like that?

·
Registered
11,070 Posts
I live in L.A. should I even try? I work many times graveyard hours in bad neighborhoods with a van full of expensive tools and equipment, and almost always I work alone even the business employees are usually gone while I work. Anyone think I stand a chance at getting the ccw? and if so are there any draw backs to getting it, like will I be subject to random searches at my home or something like that?
I tried. For years.
I even had legal help (an attorney).
I tried in L.A., I tried in Culver City, and I tried in Santa Monica.
No luck.

A friend in LAPD quit to become sheriff of one of the small, northern "cow counties."
He contacted me just after his election, to say that if I wanted to move to his county, he could guarantee a concealed-carry permit to everyone in my family.
But my wife (at that time) wouldn't move away from her parents in L.A., so I had to say, "No, thank you."

A cop friend in Bakersfield made me the same offer.
I had to give the same response.

I changed wives and moved to Washington State.
Now we both have carry permits (and she outshoots me).

My advice?
Move somewhere else.

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
I tried. For years.
I even had legal help (an attorney).
I tried in L.A., I tried in Culver City, and I tried in Santa Monica.
No luck.

A friend in LAPD quit to become sheriff of one of the small, northern "cow counties."
He contacted me just after his election, to say that if I wanted to move to his county, he could guarantee a concealed-carry permit to everyone in my family.
But my wife (at that time) wouldn't move away from her parents in L.A., so I had to say, "No, thank you."

A cop friend in Bakersfield made me the same offer.
I had to give the same response.

I changed wives and moved to Washington State.
Now we both have carry permits (and she outshoots me).

My advice?
Move somewhere else
That's probably the best advice! Maybe out of California altogether? And it's not just about guns.

·
Registered
816 Posts
After Illinois, California would be my second choice of place not to live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts