Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it hot everywhere in the South like here? I had to quit mowing 'cause I thought I was going to start a grass fire! 100 degrees or more. Please let it rain. And I know it's hotter in the city. Good grief will it ever end. I hope this is not really summer yet. What will it be in August! :snakeman:

·
Registered
447 Posts
It's been downright hot up here, mid 90s and a very high dewpoint for a good couple or three weeks. Finally, Friday, somebody opened the refrigerator door and it cooled down so much that we had to dig out our jackets!!! Some light rain has helped, too. I've debated actually turning on the heat !! :smt103

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
95 is pretty warm for MN. I have a co-worker that rides his BICYCLE from here to Minnesota every ten years! He did it last summer just after he turned 45! He's from there and visits his mother. Hell of a feat but I think he's nuts. Wonder if he can do it when he's 55?

·
Super Moderator
12,397 Posts
Charlie said:
95 is pretty warm for MN. I have a co-worker that rides his BICYCLE from here to Minnesota every ten years! He did it last summer just after he turned 45! He's from there and visits his mother. Hell of a feat but I think he's nuts. Wonder if he can do it when he's 55?
I miss bike riding - with 2 knee surgeries on the same knee, though, I can't ride a bike. I can finally do stairs w/o too much difficulty (compared to what I used to be) - injured my knee years ago working loss prevention - kept banging it up while trying to handcuff people who were fighting.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can't afford to water my dust and rocks here. I just got in from another bout with the mower, etc. I think someone called in on me for having a fire (we're under a burn ban) 'cause of the gigantic dust cloud I was making while mowing. A deputy drove by real slow. It's probably a little bit less humidity here than College Station but that just makes for more dust. :smt096 :smt096 :smt096 :smt096 :smt096 :smt096

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rain dance didn't work. But the mowing is done! Mower did not live through this one. I bought it 16 yrs. ago so I guess I got my $99 worth. I was gonna' buy a new engine but it costs more for an engine than to buy the whole thing. I buy cheap and take my chances (who knows, maybe it'll last another 16 yrs.). One thing about it, the grass is not going to grow any as long as this heat continues.

·
Super Moderator
12,397 Posts
Well, I am allergic to grass. So, I can never cut it myself.

My parents are retired, and my father moved near us last year.

We went 1/2 and 1/2 on a self propelled lawnmoer, and he comes and cuts it. He cuts his more often, but what can I say - he does it for free :-D

SOon, however, since he is getting older, I will have to start paying a service.

My wife tried it 2x, and discovered that she is allergic to grass too...

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
2,031 Posts
Charlie said:
I'm not allergic to the grass, just allergic to mowing the grass. :-D
+1
Thats why if I live long enough to retire Im getting a gravel yard and paint it green :-D

·
Super Moderator
12,397 Posts
Hot, hot, hot...

The temp here at my house....

[IMG:251:480:c856cf271a]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2526/weather11zc.jpg[/img:c856cf271a]

·
Super Moderator
12,397 Posts
I just finished weed eating, believe it or not.

1st time in years - I wore a mask over my face to stop the pollen. Hopefully I won't get sick.

My father has been doing such a bad job of it (cutting so low that he kills the grass) that I told him to skip the weedeating, and I would try it.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cut high. Works better. Low will kill the grass, especially in this heat. I wear a mask quite often. Beats blowing dirt out of my nose with this dust I've got.

G

·
Shipwreck said:
I just finished weed eating, believe it or not.
Yuck!! If fiber is what you want then just stick with metamucil. :p :wink: :lol: :-D

Been real nice weather out here in Cali. Love the warm nights because I can swim before bed and then I sleep real good.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts