Handgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are a type of bullets which come with a phosphorous trace. i want to know what they're called...they're used to trace the "flight" of the bullet, i'd like to research these bullets but don't know what they're called.. :?:

·
Supporting Member - Legally Armed Scooter Trash
2,031 Posts
Glad we could be of help to ya :-D :-D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I think the bullet you are talking about are from Hornady, only as loaded ammunition. This was the "Vector" brand, and I don't know if it ios available now or not.

These cartridges showed a trace from the muzzle, unlike military tracer which only starts to burn at about fifty yards or so.

With any tracer ammunition, as with incindiary, they pose a fire hazard and should not be used except under very controlled conditions.

As I recall, these Vector cartridges photographed a bright yellow.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Incidentally, military tracers are not intended to mark the bullet's flight. Their purpose is to mark targets, hence they do not start their burn until down range.

Bob Wright

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Bob Wright said:
I think the bullet you are talking about are from Hornady, only as loaded ammunition. This was the "Vector" brand, and I don't know if it ios available now or not.

Bob Wright
I've still got several boxes of them in 9mm and 40. I'll have to pay attention next time I'm in a gun shop and see if they're still selling them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts