Handgun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about being pissed off I bought this gun on April 22nd just took it out yesterday to the range put a hundred rounds through it it function great got home took the slide off starting to clean it and the rear receiver is gouged from the slide rubbing into it it's got a lip on it where you can take your fingernail and you can feel it ,the right side looks fine but the left side in this picture it's just horrible I hope they either give me a new gun or put a new receiver Block in there because this pisses me off the guns not even a week old

Attachments

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Kel-Tec will fix or replace it. They always do, but with them, it's been my experience that this doesn't mean it won't happen again. After all, it's a Kel-Tec. I had so many problems with my Jamamatic I finally brought it into the factory after having sent it in twice. My brother also brought his. Their place around 45 miles away. His still never worked right. Mine wasn't quite as bad, but required me going back again. The man who had greeted me politely, after hearing my rant, called into the back and this gal came out. She nodded and looked at it. She hmmmmed and murmured, saying, "oh I see" then took it in the back for an hour. No charge, and I took it home. It was nearly perfect after that, but I eventually sold it. So, it took 4 tries to get it right, but that's Kel-Tec. Local owners around here know this and just deal with it. We're close enough and Kel-Tec people are always very accommodating and friendly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had a few Kel Tec pistols, a couple P32's back in the day and a P3-AT that I carried for years until recently, when it started to have feeding problems after probably a couple thousand rounds and over 10 years. I probably could just replace the recoil spring, but I took the excuse to replace it with an LCP.

Now, my other Kel Tec product, a 9mm Sub2000 Gen2, is an absolute joy, and will eat whatever ammo out of whatever cheap knockoff Glock magazine you want to feed it all day long, and keep 3-4 inch groups from standing at 25 yards with the stock sights.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Now, my other Kel Tec product, a 9mm Sub2000 Gen2, is an absolute joy, and will eat whatever ammo out of whatever cheap knockoff Glock magazine you want to feed it all day long, and keep 3-4 inch groups from standing at 25 yards with the stock sights.
Love that Sub2000. It's on my bucket list for sure. I think it might be the ultimate home defense gun with just a little green laser on it, if that doesn't interfere with the folding of the stock. What do you think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 4 Kel Tec pistols and maybe I'm just lucky.....no problems. I did buy the PMR 30 a few weeks ago. First few hundred rounds, especially with the cheap ammunition I began to regret. Now, the last few hundred rounds with better ammo it's fine. Last trip to range, 200 rounds, just one jam. And, no pun intended, it's a damn blast to shoot! The low recoil made accuracy and shooting easy. So much so, several people came up to ask what it was (It certainly doesn't sound like a 22 and the visible light blast is a show unto itself).

·
Registered
750 Posts
IMG_3501.JPG I wanted one of the PMR 30's thinking it would make an ideal trail gun. I changed my mind after hearing of all the problems with malfunctions and broken parts. Also .22 Magnums cost about as much as bulk 9MM's. I decided on a ./22 LR and 9MM for hiking.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
I bought a PMR-30 about three years ago, have yet to fire it I just loaded three magazines and will try to get it fired up this week. I will take pictures of my slide before shooting and after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts