Handgun Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone bobtail an officers model 1911? :smt100
If not why? :smt102

It would really add to the CCW factor. Not to mention the monetary value to the pistolsmith who can pull it off. :supz:

·
Super Moderator
12,334 Posts
I think Tripp research can do it - SOmeone posted a pic on another site a while back of one, and he stated that he had Tripp do it. But, I also read a post of someone last week who stated that Tripp was not taking anymore custom work after June 1. So, never mind, scratch that idea. I just remembered... :oops:

·
Super Moderator
12,334 Posts
No, they would buy the parts the same way U would.

To my knowledge, Ed Brown is the only one who makes that part. U would have to order from them. I doubt their company will work on pistols that are not Ed Brown, but they might.

If you google "1911 gunsmith" - U will get a bunch of sites that does work on 1911 (I did this search several months ago). I remember seeing a few who had the bobtail listed.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Bobtail

Here is a picture of a KIMBER Pro Carry HD II that I bobtailed, to the best of my knowledge , no one makes a bobtail MSH for the officers model--it needs to be a full size grip. I have seen a couple of officers models that the edge had been ground off the frame and the MSH and called a MINI BOB--but it is not a true bobtail..

RJ

·
Registered
366 Posts
Call Alex Hamilton of Ten Ring Precision in San Antonio, TX. If any gunsmith can do this Alex can, as he is a true artisan. Regards, Richard :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts