Handgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a 6 to 3 decision the Supreme Court ruled that New York's arbitrary and capricious handgun licensing system is unconstitutional. This will also have an affect on other state's that deny their law abiding citizens the right to carry a handgun for self defense outside their homes. It may also have an affect on those who travel outside their home state while lawfully armed without running afoul of any individual state's gun laws.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
In a 6 to 3 decision the Supreme Court ruled that New York's arbitrary and capricious handgun licensing system is unconstitutional. This will also have an affect on other state's that deny their law abiding citizens the right to carry a handgun for self defense outside their homes. It may also have an affect on those who travel outside their home state while lawfully armed without running afoul of any individual state's gun laws.
Do you suppose Justice Roberts grew a pair?

Reactions: Arizona Desertman

·
Registered
234 Posts
Now we will see how the progressives try to get around the law.
Simple, they’ll just ignore the ruling.
USSC issues rulings, it’s up to DOJ to add teeth to the rulings.
DOJ issued a statement to the effect that they disagree with the ruling and look forward to working with states like NY in making gun laws “to protect us all”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Huge 🏆 win. What this ruling means is you have a 2nd Amendment right to carry a firearm outside the home. Shall issue for the 50 states. That was unclear under Heller, real clear now though. Thankyou Justices for upholding the 2nd
We have always had this right. The only thing the Second Amendment did was to recognize a pre-existing natural right and codify it. Governments cannot issue rights as natural rights are just that; natural and products of our human state. Governments can only establish authority, permission, and privilege, the power of which to do this in our system comes from We the People.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now we will see how the progressives try to get around the law.
I don't think it will be that easy. But what they will probably do is make the process of obtaining a permit a long and arduous process. There'll be delays, delays, delays, excuses, excuses, excuses. Resubmitting of paperwork, fingerprint cards and anything else they can come up with to discourage people from obtaining a permit. But one thing they won't be able to do is deny anyone who is not a prohibited possessor as described by federal law a permit to carry a firearm outside the home for any lawful purpose. I just thank God that I live in a Constitutional Carry state.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
We have always had this right. The only thing the Second Amendment did was to recognize
We have always had this right. The only thing the Second Amendment did was to recognize a pre-existing natural right and codify it. Governments cannot issue rights as natural rights are just that; natural and products of our human state. Governments can only establish authority, permission, and privilege, the power of which to do this in our system comes from We the People.
You can look at it this way . The first 10 Amendments to the Constitution are known as the "Bill of Rights". Rights the government cannot take away. The government is giving the people nothing, it's the government that cannot take those rights away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I still wouldn't want to be caught trying to do my Constitutional Legal Rights 2A Thang in commie land Mass-ah-choose-its, WARshington D.C., LibLand NYC/NY, CaliforNUTSia, or any other place that twists the Constitution/BOR laws to fit their agenda, at least in the immediate future.
Just sayin'🇺🇸👍😎

1 - 11 of 11 Posts