Handgun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have one? Shot one? Is it reliable? I just learned about this gun & it's been around for years. Gets very little press but it might be the perfect gun for 2 new shooters I know, especially for the price. I've watched a few videos & all I know is Bersa calls it a "short reset DAO" & I call it a SA. And it might be striker fired. I think only Bersa engineers know. This same gun is made in 9mm & 40. My range rents the Thunder 380 but not this one. BP CC Series - Firearms - BERSA by Eagle Imports Ok I just learned the 9mm is striker fired. One video said it's heaver than the 380 but they're the same size. Wondering what makes the 380 lighter.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Anyone have one? Shot one? Is it reliable? I just learned about this gun & it's been around for years. Gets very little press but it might be the perfect gun for 2 new shooters I know, especially for the price. I've watched a few videos & all I know is Bersa calls it a "short reset DAO" & I call it a SA. And it might be striker fired. I think only Bersa engineers know. This same gun is made in 9mm & 40. My range rents the Thunder 380 but not this one. BP CC Series - Firearms - BERSA by Eagle Imports Ok I just learned the 9mm is striker fired. One video said it's heaver than the 380 but they're the same size. Wondering what makes the 380 lighter.
Either the Bersa website has a typo on the weight, or some of the internals are "beefed up", to handle the higher pressures of the 9mm Luger, over the .380 ACP?

I don't know for sure about these types from Bersa.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The BERSA .380 is a good solid gun. I bought one for my Daughter and she has never had a problem with it other than it's a bit heavy,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts