Handgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,681 Posts
I'm not a huge rifle person, but I rented one and shot it - it is a nice gun. I would definetly put a scope on it - I don't care for the little peep sight too much. But, I would like one eventually. I wish they were cheaper.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Whittey said:
http://www.atigunstocks.com/images/hipoint/HIP9000-LG.jpg[/img:]
Buy a 9mm Hi-Point Carbine and get this ATI stock. This new stock may be the reason I end up buying a hipoint.

-=Whittey=-[/quote]

I have seen that. I hate how Hi points plastic always looks so shitty! You know what I mean? That wierd almost plastic marble look. :shock:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the CX4 Storm in .40 and I love it! And while we're talking about pistol caliber carbines, I also have the Hi-Point 995 (9mm) and the 4095 (.40). I did a head-to-head contest with all three of the .40 carbines and while the Beretta did win, it was only slightly better than the much less expensive Hi-Point. I liked my 40 cal. Hi-Point so much, I bought the 9mm version. But, I did buy it with plans to add the ATI stock. The Hi-Points are certainly ugly, but as an owner of 4 HP's, I can vouch for their accuracy and reliability. The CX4 Storm is a fine weapon with good looks as well. And it is lots of fun to accessorize! It makes a good range gun as well as a very competent HD weapon.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I can see the added appeal of the Cx4 Storm in that you can accessorize and customize it, just like the AR-15s. I've been thinking about getting an AR-15 before the end of this year just for plinking at the range, but now the Cx4 Storm might do it for me. A few bills cheaper and ammo will be cheaper too.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
The High Point looks like it broke it's little back! :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 But the Storm looks pretty good. The HP with the other stock looks pretty decent. Sigh..........I guess they don't make a 10mm, do they?

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Charlie said:
The High Point looks like it broke it's little back! :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 :smt082 But the Storm looks pretty good. The HP with the other stock looks pretty decent. Sigh..........I guess they don't make a 10mm, do they?
The Beretta comes in 40, that's 10mm.:mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
12,681 Posts
What is included in the "tactical" kit.

They are $599 here bare. Although, gun show prices are a bit better.

I figured after sales taxes, and all the rails that much be purchased seperately and a scope and front grip and a strap, I may end up spending damn near $800. Thats why I haven't gotten 1.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Shipwreck said:
What is included in the "tactical" kit.

They are $599 here bare. Although, gun show prices are a bit better.

I figured after sales taxes, and all the rails that much be purchased seperately and a scope and front grip and a strap, I may end up spending damn near $800. Thats why I haven't gotten 1.
I've seen them for just under $500 at gun shows. I agree with you. By the time I'm done tricking it out, I would've spent nearly $1000. But that's part of the appeal to me. Like buying a car and fixing it up. You get to enjoy every mod that you put on it instead of getting one all modded out.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.