Handgun Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new full size apx. In order to field strip they recommend depressing the trigger deactivation button with a metal punch. No matter what I try it will not depress . Any suggestions

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I just purchased a new full size apx. In order to field strip they recommend depressing the trigger deactivation button with a metal punch. No matter what I try it will not depress . Any suggestions
The one on my APX carry is tough, but using a punch and pressing fairly hard, you hear it "snap". You can also just double check to make sure the pistol is empty of ammo, and pull the trigger as well. Mine works both ways.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Did you read the manual? I assume being that it's a striker deactivation button the pistol would need to be cocked. That being said the manual states to: "Retract the slide and hold it while depressing the striker deactivation button with a small punch or the tip of a ballpoint pen till you hear a click (disengagement of the striker). Hope this helps.

https://www.beretta.com/assets/12/29/APX_Manual_ENG_2016_05_031.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts