Handgun Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just looked at Wikiarms. They are all sold out at all the online sites.

Unless you buy used, I think you are out of luck. From memory, I wanna say that people have been complaining on the Beretta Forum for quite some time about these being unavailable. But good luck!
Well,

I just purchased the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact - for carry, should be here Friday… I will post picks.

Art Font Rectangle Magenta Display device

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Administrator
13,743 Posts
Well,

I just purchased the Beretta PX4 Storm Compact - for carry, should be here Friday… I will post picks.

Kindly,
Stephen
Congrats. Now, the Compact is not the same as the Subcompact model you originally mentioned before.

But yea, I have a compact model myself. I did the modification to take the right side, ambi slide stop off, and put the smaller slide stop on the left side.

I did it so many years ago that I don't remember if there was a kit, or if I ordered the parts separately.

Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Congrats. Now, the Compact is not the same as the Subcompact model you originally mentioned before.

But yea, I have a compact model myself. I did the modification to take the right side, ambi slide stop off, and put the smaller slide stop on the left side.

I did it so many years ago that I don't remember if there was a kit, or if I ordered the parts separately.

Let us know how you like it.
Thank you, yes, I made an error 😀👍…is this firearm comfortable to carry?

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Administrator
13,743 Posts
Thank you, yes, I made an error 😀👍…is this firearm comfortable to carry?

Kindly,
Stephen
I've owned 3 of the fullsize PX4s over the years, and then the 1 Compact PX4.

Yea, It's fairly comfortable to carry. I had to put a Hogue Jr grip on it, because I find the sides of the PX4 grip to be too smooth. When I get a chance, I'll post a photo.

It's about Glock 19 sized, so doable when it comes to carry

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I've owned 3 of the fullsize PX4s over the years, and then the 1 Compact PX4.

Yea, It's fairly comfortable to carry. I had to put a Hogue Jr grip on it, because I find the sides of the PX4 grip to be too smooth. When I get a chance, I'll post a photo.

It's about Glock 19 sized, so doable when it comes to carry
That would be great, thank you my friend. Broker searched for the subcompact and like you stated….GOOD LUCK finding one lol.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Administrator
13,743 Posts
Hi Shipwreck,

That is a handsome looking pistol. Looks very easy to conceal.

How does it perform?

Kindly,
Stephen
It's not bad. I used to carry an Hk P2000sk for 6.5 years instead of the PX4.... The trigger was better on the PX4, but I liked the grip on the HK more. I did sell the HK a few months back. I still have the PX4. It's kind of my "extra" gun. It's been abused a lot since that photo was taken I posted. But, still works great

·
Registered
616 Posts
The Px4 compact has been my primary carry gun since early 2017. Switched from a Glock.

Like Shipwreck, I replaced some of the parts that came on it with other Beretta parts to help make it a little more trim and comfortable for carry. (Low profile, single slide catch lever, low profile decocker only levers, Ameriglo sights, (front is tritium with orange surround, and rear sight is blacked out). And I stippled the grip, because Shipwreck is also right, that the stock texture is a bit slick, especially if you get sweaty, or it gets wet.

I put 2,000 rounds through it when I first got it without cleaning it, just as my own confidence booster to know it was “reliable enough” for carry. Now that it gets carried, it gets cleaned regularly, and after each range session.

The pistol,carries,comfortably for me in a JM Custom Kydex, AIWB holster. The rounded rear of the slide and the low profile decocker levers make it fairly comfortable.

The pistol is reliable with every type of ammo I fed it quite accurate with most ammo I tried through it. (And I tried several varieties).

Air gun Trigger Revolver Gun barrel Gun accessory
Wood Plant Gas Toilet seat Brick
Font Gas Circle Auto part Eyewear
Sleeve Finger Rectangle Font Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The Px4 compact has been my primary carry gun since early 2017. Switched from a Glock.

Like Shipwreck, I replaced some of the parts that came on it with other Beretta parts to help make it a little more trim and comfortable for carry. (Low profile, single slide catch lever, low profile decocker only levers, Ameriglo sights, (front is tritium with orange surround, and rear sight is blacked out). And I stippled the grip, because Shipwreck is also right, that the stock texture is a bit slick, especially if you get sweaty, or it gets wet.

I put 2,000 rounds through it when I first got it without cleaning it, just as my own confidence booster to know it was “reliable enough” for carry. Now that it gets carried, it gets cleaned regularly, and after each range session.

The pistol,carries,comfortably for me in a JM Custom Kydex, AIWB holster. The rounded rear of the slide and the low profile decocker levers make it fairly comfortable.

The pistol is reliable with every type of ammo I fed it quite accurate with most ammo I tried through it. (And I tried several varieties).

View attachment 22919 View attachment 22920 View attachment 22921 View attachment 22923
Fantastic shooting and thank you sharing. Need to be taking lessons from you. Looks like a great size to carry….I’m going to try and ankle carry. Looking at all the ammo you have - I’m still trying to comprehend all the differences and that it makes a difference…time will tell.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Administrator
13,743 Posts
Fantastic shooting and thank you sharing. Need to be taking lessons from you. Looks like a great size to carry….I’m going to try and ankle carry. Looking at all the ammo you have - I’m still trying to comprehend all the differences and that it makes a difference…time will tell.

Kindly,
Stephen
The gun is too big and heavy for ankle carry. You really should look at IWB or OWB carry. It's not realistic to carry this on an ankle.

If you want to ankle carry, you want something like a Ruger LCP 380 or Kahr PM9 - neither gun is pleasant to shoot

·
Registered
616 Posts
These are in a SIZE range for ankle carry. But weight and bulk are both necessary to consider. Only one in this picture has turned out to be practical for ankle carry for me.

Clockwise from upper left corner (Taurus 85 - .38 Special, Ruger LCP -.380 ACP,
Beretta 21a - .22LR, Smith and Wesson 640-1 - .357 Magnum, FEG SMC -.380, Glock 26 -9mm.).

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

The Ruger LCP is a light, small and flat handgun in the minimum chambering I would carry. The Beretta 21a is about the same size, but the .22 chambering makes it less than ideal for defensive use.

All of the others are too heavy or bulky in some way. I Do have a revolver that is a contender, which is a S&W 442. Because it has an aluminum alloy frame it is light weight, with “Boot grips” it is just barely small enough. It is a bit thick, because of the cylinder, but not horribly thick, but not as convenient as the LCP.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've never used an IWB holster. They don't look as if they'd be very comfy. :unsure:
It depends on the IWB holster. You should try a lot of them. How else will you populate your Holster Drawer?
The Phlster Engima is very comfortable. It's the IWB that doesn't need pants! I researched and purchased one for my carry pistol. The Enigma has it's own belt and stabilizing strap which doesn't rely on your pant or belt. It can be worn with anything. Amazingly comfortable.
Try it; you'll like it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So in the spirit of being thorough and calming my own nerves…I called the Police Department and they told me what I already knew and put my nerves at ease….I’m allowed to conceal carry or open carry and if I am pulled over to basically let the officer know.

I do not have a holster for my carry Beretta yet…but I went to the gas station with my 92X Performance in my center console and joila…no big deal…. I know for a lot of you it’s as common as putting shoes on….and with this second shooting at Walmart last night…I’m done taking chances.

Thanks again for all the advice.

Kindly,
Stephen

21 - 36 of 36 Posts