Handgun Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
Well, not every gun works for everyone. There have been many guns I have shot that I did not like at all - and it was someone else's favorite gun.

So, life is to short to keep a gun you do not like for whatever reason. Not every gun works for every person - even if it is a good gun by itself.

I once had a Hk USPc 9mm. Took me a long time to get good with the gun. The gun always shot low for me, and I swore the sights were off, until 1 day I benched it on sandbags. It was about 700-800 rounds before I overcame the shooting low think. I had an HK USPc 45 too - and this gun didn't cause this problem for me. It was just the 9mm version.

So, sometimes it just takes time. It was fun to see a gradual improvement, but I did have to shoot the gun with a different grip in order to get it to work for me. I finally got rid of it in the end, though... But, I think I had it a couple of years. I just needed the $ to pay for another gun I wanted....

·
Super Moderator
12,434 Posts
With all due respect, I believe you need to decipher between reliable information/fact and personal opinions. If I or anyone else would have a choice between your personal observations and/or your second hand information to form an opinion, as opposed to myself owning two 92's(1993 & 1997) and one 96FS(1998). Shipwreck, who owns or has owned more 92's than anyone I know of and is very well respected, an experienced trainer and LEO in TapNRack; Beretta's and the U.S. military's' data and testing and a GOA report to boot? Unfortunately, you've chosen a pistol in which there is a long, long, line of reliable information to dwell upon.

Likewise, the GOA report in which you believe is not reliable, or inaccurate because it does not conform to your own false information? In my mind it clearly shows you are spouting false information which would unfortunately persuade those who are naïve or just new. Just who would you believe and/or take credence in their opinions? 1. You stated Sig outperformed Beretta in the military trials and faced with the GOA report(if you read it) is just misleading. 2. You say Beretta's 92's are finicky, or at least the one you owned, if in fact you have ever owned one. 3. You state that Beretta 92's break all the time. As a whole, I don't care if you care, but I care if everything you've stated is false and/or misleading even though in your mind you hold it as true.
+1000 to this. Now we can move on :)

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
With all due respect, I believe you need to decipher between reliable information/fact and personal opinions. If I or anyone else would have a choice between your personal observations and/or your second hand information to form an opinion, as opposed to myself owning two 92's(1993 & 1997) and one 96FS(1998). Shipwreck, who owns or has owned more 92's than anyone I know of and is very well respected, an experienced trainer and LEO in TapNRack; Beretta's and the U.S. military's' data and testing and a GOA report to boot? Unfortunately, you've chosen a pistol in which there is a long, long, line of reliable information to dwell upon.

Likewise, the GOA report in which you believe is not reliable, or inaccurate because it does not conform to your own false information? In my mind it clearly shows you are spouting false information which would unfortunately persuade those who are naïve or just new. Just who would you believe and/or take credence in their opinions? 1. You stated Sig outperformed Beretta in the military trials and faced with the GOA report(if you read it) is just misleading. 2. You say Beretta's 92's are finicky, or at least the one you owned, if in fact you have ever owned one. 3. You state that Beretta 92's break all the time. As a whole, I don't care if you care, but I care if everything you've stated is false and/or misleading even though in your mind you hold it as true.
And with that same due respect, your assumption that my the information I've gathered is second hand says more about you than me. Frankly, I don't care what you care about. From my experience, and those that I have talked to who have to use the pistol, it is inferior to the Sig P226. I can respect the fact that you disagree, but who the heck are you to presume to assume all your information and opinions are right, and that mine aren't? Surely you're no serious. Perhaps you should take a step back and realize your's is not the only opinion who counts, and that I am just as right to hold the opinions I do as you are for your own. And finally, LET IT GO DUDE! I really do not care.

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
+1000 to this. Now we can move on :)
Bro, I have tried a number of times to move on. But as you can see...simply submitting my own personal opinion wasn't good enough. Now, with that said, what is up with your name, "Shipwreck"? I'm a Navy veteran. Are you perhaps one?

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
Well, not every gun works for everyone. There have been many guns I have shot that I did not like at all - and it was someone else's favorite gun.

So, life is to short to keep a gun you do not like for whatever reason. Not every gun works for every person - even if it is a good gun by itself.

I once had a Hk USPc 9mm. Took me a long time to get good with the gun. The gun always shot low for me, and I swore the sights were off, until 1 day I benched it on sandbags. It was about 700-800 rounds before I overcame the shooting low think. I had an HK USPc 45 too - and this gun didn't cause this problem for me. It was just the 9mm version.

So, sometimes it just takes time. It was fun to see a gradual improvement, but I did have to shoot the gun with a different grip in order to get it to work for me. I finally got rid of it in the end, though... But, I think I had it a couple of years. I just needed the $ to pay for another gun I wanted....
On this I will agree 1000%! You know, there really is nothing wrong with the Beretta or any other gun that works for someone. I don't like it and listed reasons why, but that does not mean it isn't a good pistol for others, which is why I tagged my statement with "but that doesn't mean anything". There really are very few pistols I don't like, and what's funny is I used to LOVE the Beretta until I got more versed with other models. I was one of the few people who was excited that the military was replacing the 1911s with the Beretta, but then I didn't have to use it all that much beyond qualifying with it. I used to hate Glocks, but now it is what I prefer to carry. I still love the Sig, but when I compare the standard Glock 19 to its direct counterpart in Sig, the Glock fits better and just makes more sense. Not that the M11A1 isn't a fine pistol. I'm not a big HK fan b/c to me the pistols are just ugly, bulky and too many moving parts, but that is probably b/c I'm accustomed to Glocks. They are fine pistols, but just not for me. I guess that is what I was really saying about the Beretta. It is one heck of an accurate pistol, but not everyone can shoot well with it just like every other pistol. Oh well...at least we can all agree guns are good, and we like to shoot.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum and to Beretta also. Recently i bought two guns: Beretta 92fs and PX4 Storm (full size) both 9mm.
Before i bought them, i read a lot of articles about accuracy of 92fs and was excited when finally get it in my hands. On the very first try i could be able to make a group of 3-4" with PX4 on 25 yards, but was very disappointed with my 92fs. I hardly could make a group of 8". Previously I was competing 25 yards target shooting 22cal for about 15 years and like accuracy. Any advise on my Beretta 92fs? What could be wrong?
Thank you in advance
Stokl, the gun takes some getting used to, but if you persevere you'll find the pistol extremely accurate. Some people have a problem with the large grip. The long D/A trigger pull and the position of the safety/de-cocker is another issue. But hang in there, things will improve.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've been getting better with mine. 500 rounds so far. I can hit bullseyes at 15 feet, slightly less accurate at 30 feet, 45, feet, 60 feet, etc. but have a hard time at 90 feet and miss the whole target half the time. Will use sandbag next time. Part of my problem hitting at a distance is 78 year old eyes. Anyhow, my contention is the gun is more accurate than I am.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes that 92 is a fine gun. I have one, and it's little sister the 85 Cheetah. They will pass to my only grandson in a few years.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Font Handwriting Gas Rectangle Wood

I’ve had some folks tell me the 92 isn’t accurate, but I’ve found that it can keep up with most of the competition (The flyer was definitely me.). I’ve also had people tel me Glocks aren’t capable of good accuracy. I say, it takes some practice and sometimes finding the ammo the gun really likes.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts